Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    FB | REC Moderator

Re: We are not out of it yet

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I think we're 7-10 points better than UGA but that's just my opinion.
    We are if we get better QB play. OTOH, if McCarron plays like has the past two weeks, we're going down.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Not really. It doesn't matter if we win the SECCG by one point or by 20. If 2 out of the 3 above us don't lose then we're out of the picture, regardless of what happens in the SECCG. If 2 of them lose then we're in. It's not a complicated scenario and how any of this happens is of little consequence.
    Kindly
    Read the Whole post rather than looking for a sentence to call out, please.

That is exactly what I said.

However, we have to make a huge statement to get in the game with all the anti SEC Sentiment.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    However, we have to make a huge statement to get in the game with all the anti SEC Sentiment.
    No, we don't. If two of the current top three lose -- which, as you mentioned, is a must -- then beating Georgia in Atlanta will effectively be #2 'Bama beating #3 Georgia in a national championship play-in game.

Bottom line: If two of the current top three lose, and we go to Atlanta and beat Georgia -- even if it's a 49-48 victory in 5OT -- we are going to Miami.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Kindly
    Read the Whole post rather than looking for a sentence to call out, please.

That is exactly what I said.

I did read your whole post. The reason I "called out" that section is because I don't agree with it. We don't need to make a statement, we just need to win, and 2 out of the 3 need to lose. This is a discussion board, people don't always agree.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

We are arguably in much better shape right now than we were this time last year after losing to LSU.

We just need to sit back and enjoy the drama that is about to unfold. This is what makes college football so much fun!

If we make it back into the BCS top two that will be GREAT!

If we don't let's clean up the business of getting our 23rd SEC championship.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Flyboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

With regqard to the supposed SEC fatigue: If we win out and 2 out of 3 of the teams ahead of us lose, we will go to the NC Game. No one will jump a one loss Bama team that just beat UGA for the SEC championship, regardless of how much SEC fatigue there is out there.
    שלום
    Pax
    Peace

"The sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions, it is usurpation and oppression."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

"Any man who strives for free inquiry, free thought, and self ownership is my brother and countryman."

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

All I know is that I'm gonna be the biggest fan of whomever Oregon, KSU, and ND is playing.

And like BET said, AJ has to play better. Additionally, I'd like to see us re-commit to the power run game and find a way to miraculously force a 3 and out again!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

What if Oregon, K-State and ND all lose and then we beat Georgia. Could we play A@M or even LSU again?? Not probable but certainly not impossible. Lots of football to play yet.

Basically, is USC wins out, we're going to the BCSCG. All you Kiffin-haters, suck it up!
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Basically, is USC wins out, we're going to the BCSCG. All you Kiffin-haters, suck it up!
    I have absolutely no problem cheering on USC when it means what it does for Alabama.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    What if Oregon, K-State and ND all lose and then we beat Georgia. Could we play A@M or even LSU again?? Not probable but certainly not impossible. Lots of football to play yet.
    Yes, that is impossible.

Assuming the Mayans-were-right scenario you described play out, the BCSNCG would be 'Bama v. Oregon/Kansas State. It would basically reset the BCS to being as it stood prior to this past weekend.

LSU and A&M both have two losses, so they are behind Oregon, K-State, ND -- even assuming those teams lose -- and even one-loss Florida (who beat both LSU and A&M head-to-head).

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotide14 View Post
    I dont agree with the "Oregon wont lose" sentiment. They have the hardest path right now to CG out of the undefeateds. Stanford will be a tough game, then Oregon State will be an absolute battle. Say they survive those two games, then they probably get a rematch with a USC team that gave them a good run for their money. That is an awfully tough stretch. I think K State is destined for the CG but after that anything can happen. The real question is are we really that good? Lets be honest, GA is just as good as LSU IMHO.
    I don't think Georgia's in the same league as LSU. The only reason Georgia is even in the title game is because South Carolina had to play back to back at LSU and Florida. Georgia basically has one huge win and that was an ugly, close, mistake filled debacle against Florida.
    The only other game they've had against a quality opponent was when they got their brains beat out by Carolina.
    Easiest schedule in the SEC in my opinion.

BamaNation First Team saraelizabethua's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I just don't feel that optimistic right now... but this is how I felt last year, so I'm just going to go with it.

My life is slightly complicated by the fact that I sit next to a Georgia fan in Evidence class who is convinced the bulldogs are going to smoke us. Ugh. :/