We are not out of it yet

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
What if Oregon, K-State and ND all lose and then we beat Georgia. Could we play A@M or even LSU again?? Not probable but certainly not impossible. Lots of football to play yet.
Yes, that is impossible.

Assuming the Mayans-were-right scenario you described play out, the BCSNCG would be 'Bama v. Oregon/Kansas State. It would basically reset the BCS to being as it stood prior to this past weekend.

LSU and A&M both have two losses, so they are behind Oregon, K-State, ND -- even assuming those teams lose -- and even one-loss Florida (who beat both LSU and A&M head-to-head).

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I dont agree with the "Oregon wont lose" sentiment. They have the hardest path right now to CG out of the undefeateds. Stanford will be a tough game, then Oregon State will be an absolute battle. Say they survive those two games, then they probably get a rematch with a USC team that gave them a good run for their money. That is an awfully tough stretch. I think K State is destined for the CG but after that anything can happen. The real question is are we really that good? Lets be honest, GA is just as good as LSU IMHO.
I don't think Georgia's in the same league as LSU. The only reason Georgia is even in the title game is because South Carolina had to play back to back at LSU and Florida. Georgia basically has one huge win and that was an ugly, close, mistake filled debacle against Florida.
The only other game they've had against a quality opponent was when they got their brains beat out by Carolina.
Easiest schedule in the SEC in my opinion.

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
I just don't feel that optimistic right now... but this is how I felt last year, so I'm just going to go with it.

My life is slightly complicated by the fact that I sit next to a Georgia fan in Evidence class who is convinced the bulldogs are going to smoke us. Ugh. :/

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I just don't feel that optimistic right now... but this is how I felt last year, so I'm just going to go with it.

My life is slightly complicated by the fact that I sit next to a Georgia fan in Evidence class who is convinced the bulldogs are going to smoke us. Ugh. :/
make sure to get his address to send him a Christmas card :)

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I do not think that all three teams ahead of us will stay undefeated. But two of them might. ND is most likely to lose, I think, because they've already escaped twice against teams they should have handled easily. K State has it easiest. Baylor will give a valiant effort, I am sure, but K State will eventually smother them. And Texas is just not up to it. I'm not sure why, actually. Oregon has three pretty challenging games ahead of them and they really haven't had a let down game yet. If I had to bet, I'd bet that we end up #3, outside looking in with only ourselves to blame. I'd also bet that neither #1 nor #2 would particularly relish playing us. Kiffin will probably break our hearts by squandering a late lead somehow.

I worry that our injury situation may give us problems against UGA. I am one of those who do not think that AJ is healthy and it matters a lot. Maybe he'll be better by then. If we can rest people and get them back, we should beat UGA, maybe pretty handily. Nothing I saw of them against Tennessee, Florida or USCe is particularly scary. We keep dropping people off the roster with injuries like we have the last month, and we may be able to take one less bus to Atlanta.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Just my two cents A non SEC team has not taken home the crystal football since Vince Young engineered that miracle come back against USC in 2005.That was a lifetime or two ago.The media wants the SEC's reign to end, and with no undefeated SEC teams left, and with 2011 having had an all SEC national title game, well, that is going to work against us big time. Just my take.
True, but imagine how much fun it would be listening to the haters in the month leading up to the NCG if we get back in the mix! I would love to see the meltdowns and heads exploding at ESPN/ CBS/ SI/ ad nauseum! That said, I'll be happy with an SEC championship and a brutal crushing of Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl. It sure has been a heckuva fun ride these last few years!

3 tide tats

1st Team
Apr 3, 2006
Lee "freakin" County!!!
This is the exact thing I thought after the loss Saturday. We needed help last year and got it. I know it is going to be tough to get in th NCG but it happened last year. Lets keep focus beat down WK and the barn!!!! Jerkga SECC and lets see where the cards fall.... ROLL TIDE
Good morning folks. It has been a while that I have posted, but I have been reading regularly. There are still 3 weeks left. If we handle business with the next 3 games, I still say we have a great chance to be in the NC game. The Golden Domers have USC still and K-State still has TX (i think). Oregon still has Stanford, OSU and USC again. There could be mass chaos again in the BCS. If we do not win then it is a moot point, but there is a good chance that we still make it as long as we win. I thought we were done last year after LSU, but the ball bounces really funny sometimes and we got back in it. We have had a great season and it WILL get better as the month of November finishes. I really hurt right now, but putting 60 on Auburn will make me feel a lot better. RTR. Have a good week.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.