Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Re: Of the 3 major undefeateds, which one would most likely beat Bama if played in NC

We can beat any of the three, ND has more luck they may be the one.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Pensive on TideFans.com

Re: Of the 3 major undefeateds, which one would most likely beat Bama if played in NC

Texas A&M West / Oregon.

Post Thanks / Like

Oregon, for sure. Hypothetically speaking, we would have a month to prepare and would be much healthier than we were for the A&M game, but their offense's performance against our defense is still noteworthy. It is clear that, while still really good, our defense isn't a dominant against quality offensive opposition. And Oregon runs their offense to perfection with so many quick, talented guys out there. It would be very hard to stop. I would have (still maybe would...) really liked to see us play Oregon. It would be a very intriguing, entertaining game to watch. 50/50.

Kansas State would be a worthy opponent too, but I think we could bottle up Klein. Besides him, they seem pretty similar to us, but I think we do it better than they do. And Notre Dame would almost certainly be beat, if not soundly beaten, by any of the other three.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Tossup between KS and UO. Both have gladiator QB's......and you know what that means! (gulp).

BTW - so happy that you will be dismantling the Dawgs instead of the reptiles in Atlanta...I'm going to REALLy enjoy that game! Don't worry - you'll be alright in that one...Murray doesn't hold a candle to J. Football.....your "D" will have him on his tush all day long!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Tossup between KS and UO. Both have gladiator QB's......and you know what that means! (gulp).

BTW - so happy that you will be dismantling the Dawgs instead of the reptiles in Atlanta...I'm going to REALLy enjoy that game! Don't worry - you'll be alright in that one...Murray doesn't hold a candle to J. Football.....your "D" will have him on his tush all day long!
    Honestly I'd be more worried about Aaron Murray than I would be Marcus Mariota. Optimus Klein is a worry too but his supporting cast is what would hurt them against us. I think we'd try to take the option away and make Mariota throw (I don't think he really can against a great defense). Murray and Klein are proven even against some good teams.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Oregon

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Oregon IMO would be the worst matchup. They are like TAMU on roids. I like our chances with Gawja and the other two unbeatens. I know it is wishful thinking, but I just have a feeling that two of the three unbeaten will lay an egg down the road.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Bama's defense "grew up" during the A&M game regarding fast-paced offense. See the later part of the game...

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Oregon! I think they are much better than when the Barn beat them a couple of years ago.

I don't think ND would stand a chance. Their offense is just not good enough. #5 for ND can't beat us by himself.

Kansas State is more a clone of Alabama. I think our D can stop our O and therefore I think our D would stop KSU's O with the understanding that Collin Klein is a good runner (much, much, much better than AJ), but he is more of a power runner and not as elusive as Manziel. When Manziel has the ball, he can drop back to pass on one side of the field and run zig zags and circles and triangles, maybe even squares or pentagons or octagons around you.

If we played them (Oregon) we would need probably 16 players on defense: 4 D lineman; 6 linebackers; and 6 DB's.

I'm not sure we learned enough by playing A & M to help us defeat Oregon. However, give Coach Saban three weeks to a month to prepare our players and we just may shut them down.

Who are we going to recruit this year on D to help stop Manziel next year? We get him early in the season next year. I'll bet his backup can't simulate what he does on a football field.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is any question it's Oregon. What I don't understand is our fans shuttering in their boots over the thought of playing Oregon. I'm not taking anything away from Oregon. They are very, very impressive offensively. Chip Kelley has done an outstanding job taking that program to the next level. We had a bad game against A & M and they played nearly flawless. The SEC season is nothing short of a meat grinder. We stumped our toe and got beat, but I want a shot at Oregon. Saban has shown time and time again that when he has time to prepare for a game, the kind of time you get from the last regular season game to a bowl game, he's awfully difficult to beat. He is a master of preparation. We are going to need some help for it to happen, but I would love a shot at Oregon in the BCSCG.
    Last edited by bamabryan; November 11th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Oregon and by a mile, though I think Klein would give us some issues (just not enough to beat us).

I honestly think we would beat ND by 10+ points.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    I honestly think we would beat ND by 10+ points.
    ND reminds me of 2005 Bama... Riding the coattails of the defense.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Most likely beat to Bama= Oregon simply based on yesterdays performance, but I still think we would win.