Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Of the 3 major undefeateds, which one would most likely beat Bama if played in NC

To answer your question - Oregon. On a side note I would love to play Notre Dame for the National Championship.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Of the 3 major undefeateds, which one would most likely beat Bama if played in NC

I can't believe the pessimism I'm seeing here. Would Oregon be a challenge? Sure. Would we have a month to prepare? Yes!

I sure hope our team isn't reading this!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I can't believe the pessimism I'm seeing here. Would Oregon be a challenge? Sure. Would we have a month to prepare? Yes!

I sure hope our team isn't reading this!
    The way Bama's D struggled yesterday with the hurry up offense solidified many's thoughts that Oregon would present a challenge. No doubting that.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    The way Bama's D struggled yesterday with the hurry up offense solidified many's thoughts that Oregon would present a challenge. No doubting that.
    I get that, BUT one game doesn't equal a trend.

All I'm seeing all over the board today is "we've got to rethink things" or "we need to go dual threat qb" etc.

Every now and then a CNS coached team has a flat game.

Remember he lost to UAB when he was at LSU. We remember the LaMonroe and Utah games, but these are few and far between.

I'm just not sure it is time to panic in regards to the HUNH.

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I get that, BUT one game doesn't equal a trend.

All I'm seeing all over the board today is "we've got to rethink things" or "we need to go dual threat qb" etc.

Every now and then a CNS coached team has a flat game.

Remember he lost to UAB when he was at LSU. We remember the LaMonroe and Utah games, but these are few and far between.

I'm just not sure it is time to panic in regards to the HUNH.
    You nailed it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Oregon...although they do tend to give up a lot of points.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Honestly I'd be more worried about Aaron Murray than I would be Marcus Mariota. Optimus Klein is a worry too but his supporting cast is what would hurt them against us. I think we'd try to take the option away and make Mariota throw (I don't think he really can against a great defense). Murray and Klein are proven even against some good teams.
    I respect your p.o.v. 230, but will also add about Murray - he can be 'spooked' pretty easily into throwing into coverage. That's why I think Bama's D will rule the day in that game.

Getting back to the NC game....both KS and UO would be challenging opponents because of their QB's. I couldn't say which one would be the one you'd want to play.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oregon because we couldn't do situational substitution on defense no matter how long we had to prepare. They simply don't give you enough time.
    I do however think that we would beat them by controlling the ball.
    I think we would blow both Kansas State or Notre Dame out of the stadium.

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but understand something, Oregon's qb does not run well.

BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Oregon has 3 freshmen and a tight end playing on the d-line. I'd like our chances..
    I'm a lead farmer

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln osiris View Post
    Oregon has 3 freshmen and a tight end playing on the d-line. I'd like our chances..
    I like our chances as well against Oregon..As long as we would commit to running the ball like we should have against The Aggies..I wouldn't like our chances if we used the same offensive game plan we ran against The Aggies..

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

USC is going to beat ND. USC will be like angry bees for this game, and ND is good but is not ready for prime-time yet. They will go down.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Oregon. They're a scoring machine.

Of the three, I see ND as being the easiest team for Alabama to beat. They've been extremely lucky to be undefeated thus far. Six Michigan turnovers enabled ND to beat Michigan by 3 points. A very middling Pitt team takes ND to triple OT in South Bend.

I agree with the earlier poster who noted we should become USCw fans for the rest of the regular season.

Who would have thought we'd be cheering for Kiffin's team to win some big games...