Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auburn got stomped yesterday correct? The way they are crowing you'd think they w

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Personally, NO!

But as for the others I'm not sure, but one thing I do know is we have never been in that situation (going 0'fer in the SEC and watching Auburn run the table) so who knows.
    When we were bad, we took great solace in their losses -- how their best team will go down in history as the only undefeated SEC champion to be shut out of the BCS title game. I'm afraid we share some of the same shadow.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn got stomped yesterday correct? The way they are crowing you'd think they w

I think there are some Bama fans like this but it appears to me there are way more Barners who do this -- living vicariously through the teams that get lucky and beat Bama.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I think there are some Bama fans like this but it appears to me there are way more Barners who do this -- living vicariously through the teams that get lucky and beat Bama.
    I agree, but as much as I hate to say it, I don't think we're quite as removed as we like to think. We've shown we can get pulled down to their level.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

They're auburn. Why would anything else be expected from that excuse of a fanbase?

RTR!!!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It was another Auburn 'Moral Victory'.
    (When that's all you got, you go with it...)

Auburn's just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    Chizik is just waiting for the shoe to kick him out.

Auburn fans are just waiting for someone to pinch em, wake em up, and tell em this has only been a nightmare...

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    What they don't realize is Bama's always gonna win more than we lose so it's like they lose every time we win. My head hurts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    I agree, but as much as I hate to say it, I don't think we're quite as removed as we like to think. We've shown we can get pulled down to their level.
    I'm not sure any fan base can get pulled down to the level rolling their own trees. Burning couches is close...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

When we were bad, we took great solace in their losses -- how their best team will go down in history as the only undefeated SEC champion to be shut out of the BCS title game. I'm afraid we share some of the same shadow.
    simple. its auburn.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Post Thanks / Like

While I am very disappointed that we lost on Saturday. I find your comment may ring true to a fringe element of Alabama fans. I make this statement based on being a Alabama fan for over 40 years. (40 years of attending, listening and watching games). I have witnessed our fan base at its best. The 70's and currently and during the Dubose and Shula years. But I have never seen our fan base hide or live vicariously thru teams that beat Auburn. Our fan base is not one the jumps on our bandwagon when we win. I am sure the younger kids do bu thats how many become fans.

I am not pleased to see Auburn play like they are the bottom dwellers of the conference. It directly reflects on SEC and the state that a team to hit bottom just two year after a MNC. So does it bode of uglier things to come. It does and we have lived thru NCAA sanctions.

I hope we all remain above that level. And even out darkest days the teams never gave up. Go look at the score of the games when we went 6-7.

Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team Stonewall1959's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tmv85 View Post
    One of the best Facebook statuses that I've seen said "Dedicating your status update to the team you hate makes you one of those fans you claim to hate." Very true statement, I think. Yeah, I want the barn to lose in every competitive game they play, even if it's tiddlywinks, but I don't get giddy about it and post about it on Facebook. I deleted a "friend" during the 2009 season because every single one of her posts did nothing but spew hatred and venom at Bama's team, players, and coaches. She never said anything about her tigers.
    Yep. Had to "de-friend" someone this past week. His comments were just too much for me to stomach.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Nerdy on TideFans.com

Saban has 13 losses at Alabama, Auburn has 8 losses alone this year. 'Nuff said. It'll take *U another half century to get back in the NT hunt, while Alabama is still in the NT hunt this year.

IOW: SNASS.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

anywhere BUT the pit of HELL called opelika/goobers corner.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    One of their boards that I read sometimes had thread titled "Thank you Texas A&M" this morning.
    Thats funny because I said the same thing when they scored 60 points on the booger eaters. The difference is that them losing doesnt dictate my entire life because of (in their case) a sad pathetic lack of one where all I have to do is go online or etc. to say it to the other dumb inbred sheephumpers to make everyone feel better about their collective sad mental case.