Auburn got stomped yesterday correct? The way they are crowing you'd think they won

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
While I enjoy seeing them lose as much as the next guy, their loss yesterday just felt empty to me after we got beat. Hard for me to gloat when we also lost, even if our loss was much closer.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This pretty much sums auburn's pathetic life. I had a barner tell me he would rather see Alabama lose than auburn win.
That's what gets me. Even when the barn was undefeated and we were not doing as well, Bama winning ALWAYS came first. If the barn loses then it just makes that day even better. If we lose and the barn loses then it is still a crappy day. If the roles were reversed yesterday and we lost 38-0 (I think that was their score) and the barn just lost their first I'd be WAY MORE ticked off that we were 2-8 and 0-fer in the SEC.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
And if the roles weren't reversed, we wouldn't be doing the same thing?
If the roles weren't reversed we wouldn't be doing the same thing and if the roles were reversed we wouldn't be doing the same thing, unless it was Bama doing the whooping. Albarn at this point is pretty much irrevelant. And just to think that four years ago they were holding up six fingers. HA HA HA.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Personally, NO!

But as for the others I'm not sure, but one thing I do know is we have never been in that situation (going 0'fer in the SEC and watching Auburn run the table) so who knows.
When we were bad, we took great solace in their losses -- how their best team will go down in history as the only undefeated SEC champion to be shut out of the BCS title game. I'm afraid we share some of the same shadow.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I think there are some Bama fans like this but it appears to me there are way more Barners who do this -- living vicariously through the teams that get lucky and beat Bama.
I agree, but as much as I hate to say it, I don't think we're quite as removed as we like to think. We've shown we can get pulled down to their level.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It was another Auburn 'Moral Victory'.
(When that's all you got, you go with it...)

Auburn's just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Chizik is just waiting for the shoe to kick him out.

Auburn fans are just waiting for someone to pinch em, wake em up, and tell em this has only been a nightmare... ;)

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
I think there are some Bama fans like this but it appears to me there are way more Barners who do this -- living vicariously through the teams that get lucky and beat Bama.
What they don't realize is Bama's always gonna win more than we lose so it's like they lose every time we win. My head hurts.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I agree, but as much as I hate to say it, I don't think we're quite as removed as we like to think. We've shown we can get pulled down to their level.
While I am very disappointed that we lost on Saturday. I find your comment may ring true to a fringe element of Alabama fans. I make this statement based on being a Alabama fan for over 40 years. (40 years of attending, listening and watching games). I have witnessed our fan base at its best. The 70's and currently and during the Dubose and Shula years. But I have never seen our fan base hide or live vicariously thru teams that beat Auburn. Our fan base is not one the jumps on our bandwagon when we win. I am sure the younger kids do bu thats how many become fans.

I am not pleased to see Auburn play like they are the bottom dwellers of the conference. It directly reflects on SEC and the state that a team to hit bottom just two year after a MNC. So does it bode of uglier things to come. It does and we have lived thru NCAA sanctions.

I hope we all remain above that level. And even out darkest days the teams never gave up. Go look at the score of the games when we went 6-7.

Roll Tide

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
One of the best Facebook statuses that I've seen said "Dedicating your status update to the team you hate makes you one of those fans you claim to hate." Very true statement, I think. Yeah, I want the barn to lose in every competitive game they play, even if it's tiddlywinks, but I don't get giddy about it and post about it on Facebook. I deleted a "friend" during the 2009 season because every single one of her posts did nothing but spew hatred and venom at Bama's team, players, and coaches. She never said anything about her tigers.
Yep. Had to "de-friend" someone this past week. His comments were just too much for me to stomach.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Saban has 13 losses at Alabama, Auburn has 8 losses alone this year. 'Nuff said. It'll take *U another half century to get back in the NT hunt, while Alabama is still in the NT hunt this year.

IOW: SNASS.

One of their boards that I read sometimes had thread titled "Thank you Texas A&M" this morning.
Thats funny because I said the same thing when they scored 60 points on the booger eaters. The difference is that them losing doesnt dictate my entire life because of (in their case) a sad pathetic lack of one where all I have to do is go online or etc. to say it to the other dumb inbred sheephumpers to make everyone feel better about their collective sad mental case.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
The NCG. It's the most bizarre thing ever I got 5 calls and 3 emails all while auburn was getting the beatdown from Barn fans.

I had to explain to them our 2 losses in 2 years was as many as they've won this year. I know we won't run the score up but if at any time there was a chance we would I wish it would be in two weeks. I'd love to see a 70-0 score.

I have heard people they feel sorry for them .. not me I want to stomp on any remaining pride they may have! I want to embarrass them so bad on a national stage that the great grandchildren will still be embarrassed to even think about it 50 years out.

All the while still being Nationally relevant year in year out!
I feel the same way...you just wrote out what I feel! Thanks bud!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.