Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Dooley is Out At UT (per VolQuest.com)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    I wonder how we'll make a position on our staff for Sal. I have a hard time thinking Saban won't find a way to get him back on board. We've been missing his pass rush this year and last night showed.
    If Kirby does take another job, Sal could become DC. The issues at UT aren't his fault.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

To be fair, unless you're hiring a guy who is unemployed right now, you aren't getting a coach until December anyway. It would be naive to think they aren't already talking to agents through the back channels right now. They'll wait until Chizik's buyout reduces on 12/1 and can him following the SECCG.

Chizik's buyout does not suddenly drop $2.5 million on December 1. It has been dropping 1/12 of that amount every month since last December 1. The buyout drops a little over $200,000 every month.
    Last edited by Crimson1967; November 11th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I've been told by Vol fans up in this neck of the woods that Gruden's already been hired and the press conference is on Monday for the last four weeks. As each week goes by, with no press conference, my laughter has turned to . . . hysterical laughter.
    RTR

Wipe the shock off my face!

I'm sure he will announce that he is stepping down to give himself more time to rehab his hip.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    If Kirby does take another job, Sal could become DC. The issues at UT aren't his fault.
    Oh really...do tell!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    My question is, what happens to all those orange pants?
    Not to worry. They were just on loan from the TDOC.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

Hard to feel much sympathy for Dooley; he was paid to win, although I always thought he had much more integrity than the two previous guys. When dragging down the big bucks, being a good guy means little if you can't be competitive.

It looks as if there will be at least four changes before next season begins; Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, and Tennessee. I keep waiting to hear the Vandy coach gets an offer from somewhere. He appears to be a winner, just does not have the material to work with. The SEC is not the place for on the job training; only the tough survive and with each member school playing eight conference games, that boils down to 56 losses to spread around. Imagine swimming in a pool of hungry sharks.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Chizik's buyout does not suddenly drop $2.5 million on December 1. It has been dropping 1/12 of that amount every month since last December 1. The buyout drops a little over $20,000 every month.
    Now I told y'all once, so I don't expect to have to keep repeating myself. The BOT at *U is going to move Cheez-whiz out of the athletic dep't and into grounds maintenance. He'll be a janitor for the next 5 years.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My guess, Aub is back channel looking for a replacement for two reasons

1) Chiz's contract pay-out reduces by 2.5M on 12/1 (have read both from 10m to 7.5 and 7.5 down to 5) either way they save $2.5M by waiting a few weeks.

2) Trying to hang onto recruits as long as possible
    Chizik's buyout reduces monthly by the amount of salary due to him. So it gets lower on 11/1, 12/1, 1/1/13, etc.
    I am a part of The Process.

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I hope Dooley lands a decent job somewhere and builds a winning program. I always said he had more class than Tennessee deserves. Maybe they will end up with some butthead that sets their program another 5 years. I hate Tennessee.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I believe Dooley is one of those nice guys much like Mike Shula. CDD was used to heal the team after the PhatPhil ousting and Lame Kitten one year of disaster. Much like Alabama did after Frannie and Mike Price. They certainly have the money to go out and get an outstanding coach -- Saban is NOT available. They may go for Gruden as is rumored but I don't know if his coaching style will suit college.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I have been hearing Gruden to UT for the past 8-10 years, ain't gonna happen.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner