Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dooley is Out At UT (per VolQuest.com)

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    I believe Dooley is one of those nice guys much like Mike Shula. CDD was used to heal the team after the PhatPhil ousting and Lame Kitten one year of disaster. Much like Alabama did after Frannie and Mike Price. They certainly have the money to go out and get an outstanding coach -- Saban is NOT available. They may go for Gruden as is rumored but I don't know if his coaching style will suit college.
    I agree. I will be shocked if Gruden ends up at UT; he is a good coach, but I don't think he has the personality to be a good recruiter. The State of Tennessee does not have enough quality college athletes, making it mandatory that they spread recruiting elsewhere. I can't see Gruden doing that; he says he is having a blast in the broadcast booth.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Dooley, and I was hoping for him to be able to keep his job. They showed some promise in games like Georgia and South Carolina, but they just couldn't pull them out. I think he might have eventually righted the ship at UT, but if I was the AD, I'd fire him too for the sake of fan interest/support. The loss to Missouri had to be the final straw.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    I wonder how we'll make a position on our staff for Sal. I have a hard time thinking Saban won't find a way to get him back on board. We've been missing his pass rush this year and last night showed.
    I think Saban would hire him back but I doubt he pushes someone out to do it. Sal rushed out on this, even I knew chances were Dooley was gone after this year so leaving a place like Bama and coaching your son to take a shot like that was flat out CRAZY. Going somewhere else where the rumors and hot seat were not in place would have made sense. Not UT.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    Could you expand on this? I think it is good to go ahead and tell the coach so he doesn't get desperate to save his job and break some rules, but I'm not sure if it helps to make it public.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just interested in the thought process.
    Another thing is it calms the fan base. If they fired Chiznik there would be a full house for them next week even against a pansy. Now that he's still there? Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My guess, Aub is back channel looking for a replacement for two reasons

1) Chiz's contract pay-out reduces by 2.5M on 12/1 (have read both from 10m to 7.5 and 7.5 down to 5) either way they save $2.5M by waiting a few weeks.

2) Trying to hang onto recruits as long as possible
    I don't claim to know everything on his contract either but I've heard his buyout drops to 5 million after 12/1 as well. I honestly think they wait until then to drop the guillotine on his head to save the 2.5+ million. Of course it's still a moot point if he goes to work at all after this year.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bondsdw View Post
    I like Dooley, and I was hoping for him to be able to keep his job. They showed some promise in games like Georgia and South Carolina, but they just couldn't pull them out. I think he might have eventually righted the ship at UT, but if I was the AD, I'd fire him too for the sake of fan interest/support. The loss to Missouri had to be the final straw.
    I told my old man when Dooley went for it on 4th instead of kicking in that 4th OT that that was the final straw and they'd fire him. Of course I also said last night Chiznik wouldn't make it through the weekend as well

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Has Jon Gruden accepted the Tennessee job and memorized 507 high school students with his Super Bowl ring yet?

Now that's funny right there!! lol

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I have been hearing Gruden to UT for the past 8-10 years, ain't gonna happen.
    They have been saying that about Peyton Manning also.
    Live your life like you wish you had.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I told my old man when Dooley went for it on 4th instead of kicking in that 4th OT that that was the final straw and they'd fire him. Of course I also said last night Chiznik wouldn't make it through the weekend as well
    If he would have scored he would be a genius today. I thought he did the right thing by showing the players he had confidence in them.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I told my son that he would be fired when he let the clock run down on the last possession of the 4th quarter with two timeouts left.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Poor game/clock management can be forgiven if the coach doing it has a winning record. Let's use Les Miles as a prime example. Les can make some boneheaded calls in both playcalling and clock management. But Les has a winning record, and has had year after year ever since CNS left there.
    So Les gets a pass because his record speaks for itself.
    But Dooley at UcheaT is another story altogether. A coach who makes one boneheaded call after another and shows poor clock management skills, especially a coach with a really bad losing record, isn't going to last long.
    It takes more than a name to make a winning coach..

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Now Vince and Barbara can go back to pulling for the Dogs. It was an awkward fit for them anyway.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    I wonder how we'll make a position on our staff for Sal. I have a hard time thinking Saban won't find a way to get him back on board. We've been missing his pass rush this year and last night showed.
    I'll be surprised if Sal makes it back to the Capstone. CKS and CJP are not happy at all with Sal and his performance at Tenn. When assistants leave Alabama, particularly defensive assistants, and they have zero success and perform the way Sal has, it makes it look like Saban is the only reason Alabama's defense is dominant. It causes the other defensive coordinator/assistant coaches stock to go down, in their eyes.

Also, IMO Sal is overrated as a coach.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I'm gonna miss posting this.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Cool Re: Dooley is Out At UT (per VolQuest.com)

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    My question is, what happens to all those orange pants?
    I think it was in his contract that he could keep them in the event he was fired.
    " The greatest battles of life are fought daily in the silent chambers of our own soul"