Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Recipes

Re: Dooley is Out At UT (per VolQuest.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I'll be surprised if Sal makes it back to the Capstone. CKS and CJP are not happy at all with Sal and his performance at Tenn. When assistants leave Alabama, particularly defensive assistants, and they have zero success and perform the way Sal has, it makes it look like Saban is the only reason Alabama's defense is dominant. It causes the other defensive coordinator/assistant coaches stock to go down, in their eyes.

Also, IMO Sal is overrated as a coach.
    All pretty much true. He was also informed that he was not in line for DC if Smart left...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by russtang View Post
    I told my son that he would be fired when he let the clock run down on the last possession of the 4th quarter with two timeouts left.
    said exactly the same to my wife. Sitting on a tie and going to overtime when you have those receivers, a QB that can get them the ball, two timeouts and only need ~30 yards to kick a field goal?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Dave Hart says that a decision has not been made yet

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-made-decision

"We talked very frankly about it," Dooley said. "He told me he had not made a decision, if we go 6-6, despite what all the reports are. Either the sources are wrong or Dave wasn't being forthright with me, and I have no reason to think Dave's not being forthright with me. He's an honest man. He's always been honest with me. I've appreciated how he's handled everything about this."
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

Looks like just another rumor, nothing more.

I sure hope he stays.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Compare today's climate. Would Vince Dooley have made it to year 8 with the record below? He finished his career 201-77-10 and 104-42 and he is considered
    one of the greats? His SEC record was 60%? Minus his Herchel Walker years, Vince's teams would lose 4 on average every year. No wonder their Auburn's biggest out of state rival.....they have something in common.....average! Plus Dye played at Gowga and Dooley at Auwbun.

So even if Derek could match his father, he would still get canned!

196-

64 7-3-1
    65 6-4
    66 10-1
    67 7-4
    68 8-1-2
    69 5-5-1
    70 5-5

Would never have reached the 71 season today.

71 11-1
    72 7-4-1
    73 7-4

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    I wonder how we'll make a position on our staff for Sal. I have a hard time thinking Saban won't find a way to get him back on board. We've been missing his pass rush this year and last night showed.
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I think Sal has a guaranteed 3 year contract. I think when Dooley came on board, he had to keep a couple of the coaches (lance Thompson). Not sure if that means UT will have to buy out the contract or if the new coaches will have to keep him on board.

So, are they just going to leave DD twisting in the wind, or what? There really is no reason to keep delaying the inevitable. I guess they are waiting to see if he can get his signature win this Saturday against Vanderbilt. If the powers that be are still having their doubts, they need to think about it this way. Thanks to tennessee, Missouri's bowl hopes are alive and well. Missouri's season was over and done until last Saturday. That should tell them all they need to know.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

After getting drubbed last night 41-18 by Vandy, per Josh Ward:

Tennessee has fired Derek Dooley, per @JimmyHyams. UT AD Dave Hart will hold a press conference without Dooley at 2 ET. Derek Dooley will not coach the Kentucky game. He finishes with a 15-21 record at Tennessee, 4-19 in the SEC.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; November 18th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    After getting drubbed last night IN KNOXVILLE 41-18 by Vandy, per Josh Ward:
    The game was played in Nashville.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

After that loss I'm just amazed he wasn't filmed getting fired on the way off the field.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Since my last Thread was "dupe"

I look for Tennessee to interview Kirby Smart. If offered, I think he would take it. Remember the Dave Hart/Bama connection. He's one of the few candidates without HC experience I believe a school on whom a big-time program would take chance.

Right now, I'd also say there's more of a chance of Derek Dooley coming to Tuscaloosa than Sal Sunseri returning, probably as a recruiting coordinator or assistant director of football operations, etc. A previous post was correct, Sal was able to negotiate a guarantee for 3 yrs.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; November 18th, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Dooley is Out At UT - not so fast, my friend - He's Out

Dangit, I hate that!
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!