Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Re: Dooley is Out At UT - not so fast, my friend - He's Out

Won't be coaching their last game huh, dang it Dooley whys ya lose to the dores!
    Anyway link says they will start the search thought they had Gruden on standby

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Done! Oh well... I hate it that he has to go. They may not want to hear this but this job (UT head coach) has gotten more and more unattractive... even if Gruden was looking for a good college team to coach, no way he would want to come here and try to raise this sunken ship.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Dooley is Out At UT - not so fast, my friend - He's Out

It's a wrap! Bye Dooley!
    ROLL TIDE!

Re: Since my last Thread was "dupe"

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I look for Tennessee to interview Kirby Smart. If offered, I think he would take it. Remember the Dave Hart/Bama connection. He's one of the few candidates without HC experience I believe a school on whom a big-time program would take chance.

Right now, I'd also say there's more of a chance of Derek Dooley coming to Tuscaloosa than Sal Sunseri returning, probably as a recruiting coordinator or assistant director of football operations, etc. A previous post was correct, Sal was able to negotiate a guarantee for 3 yrs.
    Do you really think that Coach Smart would take a job where he would be in direct competition with Coach Saban every year recruiting and on the field, especially with no HC experience? I don't and I don't think he would be wise to do so...
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    — Alabama Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

So what happens to all those custom orange pants he wore?

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

Well, this should not come as a surprise for Dooley, although I hate to see him go because he is the cleanest coach the've had up there for several years. Whoever takes over will have a tremendous task to completely rebuild that program. Finding the right guy will be tough because things are very, very broken up there. Fulmer really screwed things up for them, then Kiffin started the fire that still hasn't been quenched.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Dooley is Out At UT (per VolQuest.com)

Well I wonder who they get next...

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I'm very glad they have fired him. Now I can go back to hating the very core of the viles' existance. Coach Dooley has too much class and character than to be stuck in Knoxville. With his law degree, I would think he would fit well at any university as an NCAA compliance officer. I hope they do NOT hire Coach Smart because I love to hate Tennessee.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I look for Tennessee to interview Kirby Smart. If offered, I think he would take it. Remember the Dave Hart/Bama connection. He's one of the few candidates without HC experience I believe a school on whom a big-time program would take chance.

Right now, I'd also say there's more of a chance of Derek Dooley coming to Tuscaloosa than Sal Sunseri returning, probably as a recruiting coordinator or assistant director of football operations, etc. A previous post was correct, Sal was able to negotiate a guarantee for 3 yrs.
    This is a watershed hire for Tennessee. They are going to try and hire an experienced head coach. They have to. Their three chief rivals are all winning at a high level. They can't afford to let another young, inexperienced coach "grow into" the job.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    I wonder how we'll make a position on our staff for Sal. I have a hard time thinking Saban won't find a way to get him back on board. We've been missing his pass rush this year and last night showed.
    Sal Sunseri's reputation was a gift from Saban. He coached several of the best linebackers in recent memory. If you've been following Tennessee this season, you know that guy hasn't exactly looked like Vince Lombardi.

I hope that Tennessee does hire Gruden. He won the Super Bowl with Dungy's team. Besides that one season, he had very little success in the NFL. He has no experience recruiting. If you lived in Tennessee like I do, you'd know that their fans want Peyton Manning to be the next head coach. To those of you keeping score, Manning has never coached a football team at any level and he is still a choke artist of the highest order.
    Last edited by CrimsonCrusade; November 18th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    My Mood

In addition, I am thoroughly amused by how many of us just hate to see Dooley go. I remember how many Vol fans told me about what a mistake it was getting rid of Mike Shula. "That guy is a real class act. He was turning it around there; you should have given him more time."
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

BamaNation First Team BamaBoots's Avatar
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Dooley is Out At UT (per VolQuest.com)

Alright now just because Tennessee has panicked, Aubren and usc, don't do anything rash like fire your coach! Keep hope alive and keep LAME and Cheesenik!!! Much Love!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!