Link: Dooley is Out At UT

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Dooley is Out At UT (per VolQuest.com)

I think KY and TN are smart to go ahead an announce the inevitable if you have already decided to make the change.

Wonder why Auburn is being so coy. Puts them further behind in the process in some ways.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I wonder how we'll make a position on our staff for Sal. I have a hard time thinking Saban won't find a way to get him back on board. We've been missing his pass rush this year and last night showed.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

I think KY and TN are smart to go ahead an announce the inevitable if you have already decided to make the change.

Wonder why Auburn is being so coy. Puts them further behind in the process in some ways.
Could you expand on this? I think it is good to go ahead and tell the coach so he doesn't get desperate to save his job and break some rules, but I'm not sure if it helps to make it public.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just interested in the thought process.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

My guess, Aub is back channel looking for a replacement for two reasons

1) Chiz's contract pay-out reduces by 2.5M on 12/1 (have read both from 10m to 7.5 and 7.5 down to 5) either way they save $2.5M by waiting a few weeks.

2) Trying to hang onto recruits as long as possible

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I wonder how we'll make a position on our staff for Sal. I have a hard time thinking Saban won't find a way to get him back on board. We've been missing his pass rush this year and last night showed.
If Kirby does take another job, Sal could become DC. The issues at UT aren't his fault.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

To be fair, unless you're hiring a guy who is unemployed right now, you aren't getting a coach until December anyway. It would be naive to think they aren't already talking to agents through the back channels right now. They'll wait until Chizik's buyout reduces on 12/1 and can him following the SECCG.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Chizik's buyout does not suddenly drop $2.5 million on December 1. It has been dropping 1/12 of that amount every month since last December 1. The buyout drops a little over $200,000 every month.

Last edited:

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

I've been told by Vol fans up in this neck of the woods that Gruden's already been hired and the press conference is on Monday for the last four weeks. As each week goes by, with no press conference, my laughter has turned to . . . hysterical laughter.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

Wipe the shock off my face!

I'm sure he will announce that he is stepping down to give himself more time to rehab his hip.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.