Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Can we hit more deep passes?

I wish we would get more 5 yard runs instead of trying to go all Peyton Manning with AJ McCarron like the past two weeks. I love the aggressiveness but it has to be tempered with our identity. Teams aren't even really defending the run like past years because they know we're so prone to pass on every down.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

I think Cooper is the best deep threat with Bell being second. I wish they would utilize the deep ball earlier in games more on early downs like last night later in the game.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Phillip Sims Leaving stinks right now!

Quote Originally Posted by pcfixup View Post
    Phillip Sims Leaving stinks right now!
    AJ would still be getting the snaps. Coaches need a better offensive game plan.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBammer View Post
    Any idea if AJ can get back to full speed by SECCG?
    I think his injuries may have to wait for the off season. I think he's playing in some pain.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Can we hit more deep passes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    So you would consider a win against Auburn and Georgia a "miracle"??

Wow...
    I don't think thats what hes saying. It would take some help from other teams losing for us to get to the BCSNCG. Thats how I took it.

Status quo right now, I don't think we get in as a one loss team over Oregon and Kansas State. Someone will have to lose. I think we can get in over Notre Dame based on their schedule and how they have won.
    Last edited by RollinTider1335; November 12th, 2012 at 07:49 AM.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    Early in the year we were wearing people out hitting White on drag patterns. Haven't seen many of them called lately.
    Because the last couple of weeks the opposition(LSU &AM) has been able to get to AJ rushing 4 and dropping 2. That also takes away the deep ball. The O-line has been average at pass-blocking (no where near the best in the country).
    "With everything comes a price."

FB | REC Moderator

I don't the injuries explain the nosedive in the overall level of performance from McCarron. If that were the case, he wouldn't suddenly be throwing the ball around like Namath in the final few minutes of the games.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
    Because the last couple of weeks the opposition(LSU &AM) has been able to get to AJ rushing 4 and dropping 2. That also takes away the deep ball. The O-line has been average at pass-blocking (no where near the best in the country).
    I thought pass protection was excellent the last two games. McCarron missed some relatively easy throws at key times (e.g. 3rd down conversions).

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

If you look at the deep ball to Bell he had to wait just long enough that the defender could catch him. If that pass had been thrown correctly it would have been six. But still our biggest problem, to me, is that we've gotten away from the run in the second half of the last two games.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    If you look at the deep ball to Bell he had to wait just long enough that the defender could catch him. If that pass had been thrown correctly it would have been six. But still our biggest problem, to me, is that we've gotten away from the run in the second half of the last two games.
    Yep, same thing on the first throw to Cooper (that ended in the Yeldon fumble). Can't complain about either, really, because you're talking about slight underthrows on passes that travel 50 yards, but if he hits those two in stride that is 14 points. Instead, we get zero and lose by 5.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Yep, same thing on the first throw to Cooper (that ended in the Yeldon fumble). Can't complain about either, really, because you're talking about slight underthrows on passes that travel 50 yards, but if he hits those two in stride that is 14 points. Instead, we get zero and lose by 5.
    The most disturbing thing about those two throws is that they were really off target if you take into consideration the quarterback is taught to make his mistakes long, to keep them from being intercepted. We were really lucky they were so completely wide open that a bad throw was still complete.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    I don't the injuries explain the nosedive in the overall level of performance from McCarron. If that were the case, he wouldn't suddenly be throwing the ball around like Namath in the final few minutes of the games.
    Being warmed up is part of it and there are other, legit, things which can be done to handle pain issues when there's no real danger of permanent injury...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus