Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Should aTm now be considered one of the SEC elite?

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    At this point in the SEC:

1. Texas A&M
    2. Bama
    3. LSU (very very close to Bama)
    4. UGA
    5. UF
    6. South Carolina
    7. Miss St
    8. Ole Miss
    9. Vandy
    10. Arkansas
    11. UT
    12. Missouri
    13/14. UK/Auburn
    Well, in over 100 years of football they have never won the SEC.
    Last edited by IMALOYAL1; November 12th, 2012 at 12:26 AM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Yep, like I said we are the only ranked team they've beat. Besides us, they've beat Ole Miss, MSU, Arky, AU, Louisiana Tech, SMU, South Carolina State, and they have MIZZOU and Sam Houston St. We are the only good team they've beat, and they caught us at the perfect time. Don't make it into more than it is just yet.
    Ole Miss found a way to lose that game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

No. No newcomer to any conference can be bestowed the title of an "elite program" in it's first year in that conference.
    Yes, Johnny Manziel is a great football player, especially for a freshman. But imo he is a bit like Cam Newton - "lightning in a bottle". aTm is very lucky to have him. But without him, the rest of the team is rather average and I doubt they would have won anywhere near the number of games they have so far. They most certainly would not have beat Bama on Saturday.
    So again, you can't bestow the title "elite" onto a program based solely on the exceptional abilities and accomplishments of a single player.
    Let's wait a few years and see how their schedule and W/L records pan out. I'm not ready to crown them king of the hill just yet.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    One game....one game...a 5 point win...one game.

Liberate yourselves. Don't be prisoners of the moment.
    Mack maybe I'm missing something didn't the Aggies LOSE 2 SEC games this year?

If so that puts CMR on the hot seat at Jawga right?

I agree with you don't be a prisoner of the moment.

no!!!!! no disrespect to aTm, cause they took it to us saturday. that being said, these fast paced offenses that try to survive in the SEC never do. they are always gonna be 1 hit wonders. not aTm cant or wont become elite, they just wont be able to do it with the offense they have now. they are gonna have to change some things around cause these defensive coordinators in the sec catch on quick. aTm wont the element of suprise next year. roll tide roll

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ESPN needs to slow their roll.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

Here is a compairson from 1898 to 2011 - this is conference games and I didnt break it down . it doesnt include 2012. Has A&M ever been considered in the top 10 elite teams of all times? I would think you could name the top 10 teams off the top of your head and unless your an aggie fan they wont many many top 10 list.

I am not bashing A&M , in the least bit. I would suggest the title of this thread is a teaser and just bubble gum for the brain.

We have a 70% vs a 53% conference winning percentage. Would they be at 53% if they had play in the SEC for the past 40 years? Only time will tell.

you can do your own research.

http://football.stassen.com/records/conference.html
    Last edited by bama2112; November 12th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Right now we're 2nd/3rd in the mix with LSU/Georgia I'd say.

(I'd take A&M against Georgia BTW)

Anyway, it depends a lot on if we can get our offensive tackles to return, and our defense has no depth, at all....none.

But on the positive side, we are sitting on a recruiting volcano, the difference between us and the University of Texas is that we can coach better and develop players better than they can. So we have potential to get better, but as of right now, for next year, depends on if eligible players leave for the NFL or not...

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2002 View Post

Anyway, it depends a lot on if we can get our offensive tackles to return, and our defense has no depth, at all....none.

But on the positive side, we are sitting on a recruiting volcano, the difference between us and the University of Texas is that we can coach better and develop players better than they can. So we have potential to get better, but as of right now, for next year, depends on if eligible players leave for the NFL or not...
    Next year may be a rebuilding year for us. We lose two very valuable OL and whether the QB stays or jumps is a coin-flip at the moment. If he stays, we should be pretty good on offense, because arguably our two best WRs are out for the season. (White and Black, interestingly enough.) On defense, it's easy to see that this team is not the equal of last season's. If Milliner jumps, which is likely, some youngsters are going to have to step up for next year's DBs to equal this year's. Pretty much the same story on the DL and LBs...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Should aTm now be considered one of the SEC elite?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Next year may be a rebuilding year for us. We lose two very valuable OL and whether the QB stays or jumps is a coin-flip at the moment. If he stays, we should be pretty good on offense, because arguably our two best WRs are out for the season. (White and Black, interestingly enough.) On defense, it's easy to see that this team is not the equal of last season's. If Milliner jumps, which is likely, some youngsters are going to have to step up for next year's DBs to equal this year's. Pretty much the same story on the DL and LBs...
    That's a great point. Seems the losses after this yr will/could have a bigger impact than last yr.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Should aTm now be considered one of the SEC elite?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Forgive me for using this phrase, will be young on the defensive side?
    RTR!

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2002 View Post

If yall couldve taken care of business against lsu like bama did we could find out.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Nerdy on TideFans.com

Not yet. We get TAMU early next year (I believe), so if they beat Bama then, I might considering revisiting TAMU being an elite. Until then, they are GA/FLA/LSU in the merely really good team level.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.