Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bama #4 in latest BCS standings

You would think that if it's your turn to pick you should be able to pick which ever team would give your bowl the best match up and the best draw. This stuff about having only 2 teams from a conference in a BCS game is crazy. Let the best teams play. RTR

2. Advertisement

[QUOTE=Jessica4Bama;2029243]6 SEC teams in top ten. Wow.[/QUOTE

If I listened correctly, that means 4 of those SEC teams, (at this time), won't be able to go to a BCS bowl due due the 2 per conference rule. I'm pretty sure those bowls would much rather pick one of the SEC teams versus an ACC team. Krymsonman

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    Sugar vs. Clemson??? That would draw less than a spring game. That would be a nightmare bowl scenario in my opinion.
    "Drew less than a spring game?" Disagree . . Big time. Alabama in the Sugar Bowl sells LOTS of tickets. Probably every one of 'em.

Not that I'm giving up on the big game yet.

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Sugar vs. Clemson??? That would draw less than a spring game. That would be a nightmare bowl scenario in my opinion.
    I was wondering why they didn't put Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl. Alabama vs ND would bring in a ton of fans, attention and money.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

Let's see, Notre Dame has to go to USC

Oregon has Stanford and Oregon St

Kansas has Baylor and Texas

Our remaining schedule are two bunnies

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sugar Bowl officials would never make that mistake. If everything stays the same, Bama vs. Notre Dame in the Sugar. It would set up the perfect scenario for what the playoff system will look like in 2 years.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Yep. Let's hope that pressure of the target being on their back gets to them.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

4-9 all SEC in a row. That's just nuts. Glad we're still at the head of the one-loss pack.

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Oregon also has to play USC again in the Pac-12 Championship, assuming USC beats UCLA this weekend. And USC put 50+ on the Ducks in the last meeting.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    Oregon also has to play USC again in the Pac-12 Championship, assuming USC beats UCLA this weekend. And USC put 50+ on the Ducks in the last meeting.
    USC is still gonna lose to Oregon. Kiffin will choke it away one way or another

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

USC is still gonna lose to Oregon. Kiffin will choke it away one way or another

Never know. Got to believe.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Bunnies. Haha. That made me laugh, but it is so so true.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

To go to a BCS bowl, a team has to be in the Top 14 or win their conference, correct? When 6 out of 14 teams are from the same conference, what will the BCS bowls do?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!