Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Re: Bama #4 in latest BCS standings

You know I would cheer Bama on like crazy if they made it to the BCSCG but it feels somehow different last year. Last year's Bama was the best team in the country, this year it doesnt "feel" that way. Last year Bama dominated everyone by at least 16 points except for lsugoc 1. This year our D has been "exposed", our offense is way inconsistent,we are making mistakes that a Nick Saban team usually doesnt make, and our OC is calling some shotty plays at the worst possible times. NOTHING like last years teams.

Also imagine the backlash from the media and crap we would be hearing.It has been enormous already, I'm thinking it would reach unimaginable heights.
    Last edited by BFANLC; November 11th, 2012 at 08:56 PM.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
    USC is still gonna lose to Oregon. Kiffin will choke it away one way or another
    Sure, and we were gonna beat the Aggies.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Volatile on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    Oregon also has to play USC again in the Pac-12 Championship, assuming USC beats UCLA this weekend. And USC put 50+ on the Ducks in the last meeting.
    Oregon is getting beat up pretty badly. Last night Barner injured his hand, the Ducks lost one of their top DBs and Mariota took a few good shots. They're showing some signs of fatigue or dings and bruises building up because they took a while to get things going against Cal.

Hopefully, Monte Kiffin's D will have a better plan to counter the Ducks' offense in a rematch.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Any chance we pass Notre dame without them losing?
    "Well, this is the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ballgame, they were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world but here's one, this ain't Kentucky!" - Verne Lundquist

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't see it happening.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bama #4 in latest BCS standings

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    Sugar Bowl officials would never make that mistake. If everything stays the same, Bama vs. Notre Dame in the Sugar. It would set up the perfect scenario for what the playoff system will look like in 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    I was wondering why they didn't put Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl. Alabama vs ND would bring in a ton of fans, attention and money.
    Y'all do know that the bowls pick in an order right? The way I read it Sugar is third in picks.

If everything stays the same the Rose bowl has to pick a team to face the boring Big 10 champs. There are no BCS eligible teams from the PAC 10 to take. Then Fiesta loses KSU. They too would have to pass on an undefeated ND. This simply would not happen.

If Sugar had first pick it would be ND without a doubt but it isn't likely in the cards. I sooooooo wish it was though. And yes, its ratings would kill.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by beatthemtigers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan View Post
    I don't see it happening.
    I agree. It could be really close BCS % wise, though.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by beatthemtigers View Post
    if we beat UGA silly , I can see it happening.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    You know I would cheer Bama on like crazy if they made it to the BCSCG but it feels somehow different last year. Last year's Bama was the best team in the country, this year it doesnt "feel" that way. Last year Bama dominated everyone by at least 16 points except for lsugoc 1. This year our D has been "exposed", our offense is way inconsistent,we are making mistakes that a Nick Saban team usually doesnt make, and our OC is calling some shotty plays at the worst possible times. NOTHING like last years teams.

Also imagine the backlash from the media and crap we would be hearing.It has been enormous already, I'm thinking it would reach unimaginable heights.

when did any Bama fan care what the media or nation thinks regarding Alabama Football?????
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; November 13th, 2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: formatting

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

That scenario of us playing Clemson in the Sugar bowl is just silly. That is what worries me the most about this whole bowl selection process. We may not make it back to the big game, but for pete's sake, we deserve better than Clemson, the same team that gave up 70 to West Virginia in the Orange bowl last year. Anything other than Bama vs. Notre Dame in the Sugar bowl (assuming we don't make it to the big one) would be a terrible mismatch.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation All-SEC RollTide1017's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

South Carolina will beat Clemson taking them out of the picture but the Sugar Bowl will probably have to settle for an even worse team because of the stupid BCS rules. No way ND ends up in the Sugar Bowl, just need to stop that wishful thinking now. Sugar Bowl has the 3rd pick, no way both the Fiesta and Rose pass on ND, just won't happen. Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl are screwed this year with so many SEC teams in the top 10 and the no more then 2 from a conference rule. 4 top 10 teams will not be eligible for a BCS game, how screwed up is that!

Just think, in 2 years we would still be in the 4 team playoff and wouldn't even need teams in front of us to lose.

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

At this point, I am really hoping that we don't end up having to play a crappy 5 or 6 loss team in a bowl game. Another thing I'm hearing is the possibility of a rematch with Michigan in the Sugar bowl. I really do not want to bookend this season with Michigan.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    Oregon is getting beat up pretty badly. Last night Barner injured his hand, the Ducks lost one of their top DBs and Mariota took a few good shots. They're showing some signs of fatigue or dings and bruises building up because they took a while to get things going against Cal.

Hopefully, Monte Kiffin's D will have a better plan to counter the Ducks' offense in a rematch.
    I think USC has to get past UCLA to have another shot at the Ducks, and if USC wins their remaining three, we're in the BCSCG.

As fr Oregon, they're starting to show some wear from this season. Not to mention their remaining schedule is actually fairly tough - they host Stanford this week, then they're at Oregon State next week (rivalry game) then they play the PAC12S champion. They could drop any one of those.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!