Bama #4 in latest BCS standings

bondsdw

Scout Team
Jan 26, 2007
4-9 all SEC in a row. That's just nuts. Glad we're still at the head of the one-loss pack.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Let's see, Notre Dame has to go to USC

Oregon has Stanford and Oregon St

Kansas has Baylor and Texas

Our remaining schedule are two bunnies
Oregon also has to play USC again in the Pac-12 Championship, assuming USC beats UCLA this weekend. And USC put 50+ on the Ducks in the last meeting.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
To go to a BCS bowl, a team has to be in the Top 14 or win their conference, correct? When 6 out of 14 teams are from the same conference, what will the BCS bowls do?

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
You know I would cheer Bama on like crazy if they made it to the BCSCG but it feels somehow different last year. Last year's Bama was the best team in the country, this year it doesnt "feel" that way. Last year Bama dominated everyone by at least 16 points except for lsugoc 1. This year our D has been "exposed", our offense is way inconsistent,we are making mistakes that a Nick Saban team usually doesnt make, and our OC is calling some shotty plays at the worst possible times. NOTHING like last years teams.

Also imagine the backlash from the media and crap we would be hearing.It has been enormous already, I'm thinking it would reach unimaginable heights.

Last edited:

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Oregon also has to play USC again in the Pac-12 Championship, assuming USC beats UCLA this weekend. And USC put 50+ on the Ducks in the last meeting.
Oregon is getting beat up pretty badly. Last night Barner injured his hand, the Ducks lost one of their top DBs and Mariota took a few good shots. They're showing some signs of fatigue or dings and bruises building up because they took a while to get things going against Cal.

Hopefully, Monte Kiffin's D will have a better plan to counter the Ducks' offense in a rematch.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Sugar Bowl officials would never make that mistake. If everything stays the same, Bama vs. Notre Dame in the Sugar. It would set up the perfect scenario for what the playoff system will look like in 2 years.
I was wondering why they didn't put Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl. Alabama vs ND would bring in a ton of fans, attention and money.
Y'all do know that the bowls pick in an order right? The way I read it Sugar is third in picks.

If everything stays the same the Rose bowl has to pick a team to face the boring Big 10 champs. There are no BCS eligible teams from the PAC 10 to take. Then Fiesta loses KSU. They too would have to pass on an undefeated ND. This simply would not happen.

If Sugar had first pick it would be ND without a doubt but it isn't likely in the cards. I sooooooo wish it was though. And yes, its ratings would kill.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
You know I would cheer Bama on like crazy if they made it to the BCSCG but it feels somehow different last year. Last year's Bama was the best team in the country, this year it doesnt "feel" that way. Last year Bama dominated everyone by at least 16 points except for lsugoc 1. This year our D has been "exposed", our offense is way inconsistent,we are making mistakes that a Nick Saban team usually doesnt make, and our OC is calling some shotty plays at the worst possible times. NOTHING like last years teams.

Also imagine the backlash from the media and crap we would be hearing.It has been enormous already, I'm thinking it would reach unimaginable heights.

when did any Bama fan care what the media or nation thinks regarding Alabama Football?????

Last edited by a moderator:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
That scenario of us playing Clemson in the Sugar bowl is just silly. That is what worries me the most about this whole bowl selection process. We may not make it back to the big game, but for pete's sake, we deserve better than Clemson, the same team that gave up 70 to West Virginia in the Orange bowl last year. Anything other than Bama vs. Notre Dame in the Sugar bowl (assuming we don't make it to the big one) would be a terrible mismatch.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
South Carolina will beat Clemson taking them out of the picture but the Sugar Bowl will probably have to settle for an even worse team because of the stupid BCS rules. No way ND ends up in the Sugar Bowl, just need to stop that wishful thinking now. Sugar Bowl has the 3rd pick, no way both the Fiesta and Rose pass on ND, just won't happen. Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl are screwed this year with so many SEC teams in the top 10 and the no more then 2 from a conference rule. 4 top 10 teams will not be eligible for a BCS game, how screwed up is that!

Just think, in 2 years we would still be in the 4 team playoff and wouldn't even need teams in front of us to lose.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
At this point, I am really hoping that we don't end up having to play a crappy 5 or 6 loss team in a bowl game. Another thing I'm hearing is the possibility of a rematch with Michigan in the Sugar bowl. I really do not want to bookend this season with Michigan.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Oregon is getting beat up pretty badly. Last night Barner injured his hand, the Ducks lost one of their top DBs and Mariota took a few good shots. They're showing some signs of fatigue or dings and bruises building up because they took a while to get things going against Cal.

Hopefully, Monte Kiffin's D will have a better plan to counter the Ducks' offense in a rematch.
I think USC has to get past UCLA to have another shot at the Ducks, and if USC wins their remaining three, we're in the BCSCG.

As fr Oregon, they're starting to show some wear from this season. Not to mention their remaining schedule is actually fairly tough - they host Stanford this week, then they're at Oregon State next week (rivalry game) then they play the PAC12S champion. They could drop any one of those.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.