Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Re: Interesting How Johnny Football Ended Up At Texas A@M

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    IMO, one reason UF and LSU came from behind and beat TAMU was both of those teams have more team speed on defense than we do and both have better pass rushes. He did the same thing to both of them in the first half that he did to us in the first half.
    Well here's my theory and I stated it in the first half Saturday. I told my buddies that I honestly think Manziel is so active and runs so much that he eventually tires during the game and loses some effectiveness. I think that happened against LSU and Florida both and in all honesty we handled him pretty well as the game progressed. We just didn't take advantage of our chances to get the lead when we had the ball down six and then three etc. We had ample opportunities to win the game in the second half.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Well here's my theory and I stated it in the first half Saturday. I told my buddies that I honestly think Manziel is so active and runs so much that he eventually tires during the game and loses some effectiveness. I think that happened against LSU and Florida both and in all honesty we handled him pretty well as the game progressed. We just didn't take advantage of our chances to get the lead when we had the ball down six and then three etc. We had ample opportunities to win the game in the second half.
    I'll buy that. We didn't lose Saturday night because of Manziel, we lost because we could only muster 10 points in the second half against a mediocre defense. We would have lost against several other SEC teams as well with that kind of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    That would be my guess. We weren't even listed as schools showing interest.
    Why would Alabama settle for QBs who are good at handing off and throwing? It would seem that Bama would have a great chance at whatever type QB they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Why would Alabama settle for QBs who are good at handing off and throwing? It would seem that Bama would have a great chance at whatever type QB they wanted.
    A dropback passer may be best for pros because he would get killed running. In college I have always thought that a qb that is a threat to run is by far best. They are most dangerous when the pass protection breaks down.

Maybe he was only a 3 star because of his statue. He is small for a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by h2o View Post
    Maybe he was only a 3 star because of his statue. He is small for a QB.
    That's the only thing I can figure.

BamaNation First Team BamaSlama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Interesting How Johnny Football Ended Up At Texas A@M

How big is his statue?

BamaNation All-American EscaTider's Avatar

Interesting How Johnny Football Ended Up At Texas A@M

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    IMO, one reason UF and LSU came from behind and beat TAMU was both of those teams have more team speed on defense than we do and both have better pass rushes. He did the same thing to both of them in the first half that he did to us in the first half.
    I think the biggest reason they lost to Florida was that it was aTm's first game of the year, and they hadn't quite gotten everyone on the same page. If they played right now, especially considering how the two teams have played in recent weeks, the Aggies would likely win somewhere in the neighborhood of 34-17.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

To play a little devil's advocate. For every RG3 and Johnny Football they get wrong I think most coaches get it right. You always have players slip through the cracks. It happens.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

As a guy near me said Saturday during the second half..."he's like a slick weasel."

I don't know what his 40 time is, but I think he may be one of those guys who is just a step quicker than everybody around him.

He has incredible agility and quickness in crowded areas and those are things that are not taught.

He's this year's Cam Newton but Cam left for the NFL after just one year. Let's see how JM does after some pretty good coaches make some adjustments on him.

This story is still be written and it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

In addition to the skills displayed on the the field for A&M, he also enjoys a good hoe down with the good folks in College Station.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    As a guy near me said Saturday during the second half..."he's like a slick weasel."

I don't know what his 40 time is, but I think he may be one of those guys who is just a step quicker than everybody around him.

He has incredible agility and quickness in crowded areas and those are things that are not taught.

He's this year's Cam Newton but Cam left for the NFL after just one year. Let's see how JM does after some pretty good coaches make some adjustments on him.

This story is still be written and it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
    What I noticed that makes him so elusive is how he (and this is going to sound beyond gay but here it goes) moves his lower body (legs) when in traffic. He "gets small" (as John Madden used to say) in tight spots and makes it hard for defenders to knock his legs out from under him.

***NOTE: This is the Football board and I realize there are jewels and riches of words and phrases some of you sick minded Non-Sports Board members would love to "jump on" but please resist the temptation.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

4.53 in high school. He looks a bit faster now to me.