BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Should AJ sit this Saturday?

I don't mean not start. I mean sit for most of the game, like after the 1st quarter. If he is ailing as bad as rumored then we really need him to rest and be ready for the Boogs and then Gawga. What say ye?

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Should AJ sit this Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    I don't mean not start. I mean sit for most of the game, like after the 1st quarter. If he is ailing as bad as rumored then we really need him to rest and be ready for the Boogs and then Gawga. What say ye?
    Any answer is based off speculation since we are in the dark concerning the injury. AJ has been off his game the past two weeks and I am not sure if rest or practice against a lesser opponent is the best remedy.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Personally, I`d like to see them be able to use this week`s game as an "off" week (once the game is put away, of course). I`d expect and hope that the staff will be studying the barn and Georgia.

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I'd say let him play the 1st half and put Sims in the 2nd half. Same with the Lacy and Yeldon. Give Drake some more time on the field and gain experience. Alabama needs to let the starters rest in the 2nd half, they're clearly exhausted from the last two weeks.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he needs to get as much work in as possible and score some style points. We really need to make a statement in the remaining games. If we're going to have a chance to get back in the hunt, we're gonna have to pull out all the stops.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Depends - what does he and the team need more, rest or in game repetitions?

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Depends - what does he and the team need more, rest or in game repetitions?
    Rest IMO. We're not talking about a freshman here. AJ has been on the biggest stages..and excelled. I think he needs to get healthy more then he needs to pad stats against one of the worst teams in D1 football.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Play him 4-5 series then pull him. His timing is off and confidence probably low right now so he's gonna need to work that during practice this week and in live game atmosphere. Hopefully he'll loosen up a bit and play better now that the pressure is off and the "NO INTERCEPTION" monkey is off his back.

If anyone needs rest and heeling it's probably the defensive unit(s) as a whole. Play a couple of series and then let 'em coach up the 2's and get game exerience for the freshmen.

RTR!!!
    Last edited by CrimSonami; November 12th, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

If AJ is going pro and some strongly believe, put in Ely and lets find out how he performs in front of large crowds.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on the type of injury.

If it's the type that requires surgery and won't improve without surgery, there's probably not much point in sitting him before the game is in the bag.

If it's the type that will improve with rest, then I'd love to see him get rest even if we're not up by much.

I don't think many of us here on this board know what ailments he has, and those that do aren't going to say.

His sudden inaccuracy since the Miss State game, especially after being laser-sharp for the first 8 games, does remind me of McElroy's performance in the Texas game, when he played with a broken rib. But oh well. Injuries are part of football I guess.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Should AJ sit this Saturday?

I think of the starters Lacy and Cooper will likely not play or be very limited in action. Bama has to heal before AU and UGA bUt especially UGA.

Post Thanks / Like

Play him but keep him out of trouble situations. Just make quick throws and hand the ball off alot.