Should AJ sit this Saturday?

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I don't mean not start. I mean sit for most of the game, like after the 1st quarter. If he is ailing as bad as rumored then we really need him to rest and be ready for the Boogs and then Gawga. What say ye?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I don't mean not start. I mean sit for most of the game, like after the 1st quarter. If he is ailing as bad as rumored then we really need him to rest and be ready for the Boogs and then Gawga. What say ye?
Any answer is based off speculation since we are in the dark concerning the injury. AJ has been off his game the past two weeks and I am not sure if rest or practice against a lesser opponent is the best remedy.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Personally, I`d like to see them be able to use this week`s game as an "off" week (once the game is put away, of course). I`d expect and hope that the staff will be studying the barn and Georgia.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
I'd say let him play the 1st half and put Sims in the 2nd half. Same with the Lacy and Yeldon. Give Drake some more time on the field and gain experience. Alabama needs to let the starters rest in the 2nd half, they're clearly exhausted from the last two weeks.

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
I think he needs to get as much work in as possible and score some style points. We really need to make a statement in the remaining games. If we're going to have a chance to get back in the hunt, we're gonna have to pull out all the stops.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Depends - what does he and the team need more, rest or in game repetitions?

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Depends - what does he and the team need more, rest or in game repetitions?
Rest IMO. We're not talking about a freshman here. AJ has been on the biggest stages..and excelled. I think he needs to get healthy more then he needs to pad stats against one of the worst teams in D1 football.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Play him 4-5 series then pull him. His timing is off and confidence probably low right now so he's gonna need to work that during practice this week and in live game atmosphere. Hopefully he'll loosen up a bit and play better now that the pressure is off and the "NO INTERCEPTION" monkey is off his back.

If anyone needs rest and heeling it's probably the defensive unit(s) as a whole. Play a couple of series and then let 'em coach up the 2's and get game exerience for the freshmen.

RTR!!!

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
If AJ is going pro and some strongly believe, put in Ely and lets find out how he performs in front of large crowds.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
I think it depends on the type of injury.

If it's the type that requires surgery and won't improve without surgery, there's probably not much point in sitting him before the game is in the bag.

If it's the type that will improve with rest, then I'd love to see him get rest even if we're not up by much.

I don't think many of us here on this board know what ailments he has, and those that do aren't going to say.

His sudden inaccuracy since the Miss State game, especially after being laser-sharp for the first 8 games, does remind me of McElroy's performance in the Texas game, when he played with a broken rib. But oh well. Injuries are part of football I guess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.