Pick the Score: Alabama vs. Western Carolina

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I know it is hard to move away from the AM game, but it is the start of another week. We get Western Carolina at home. I just looked, and they give up some points, and they have only 1 win this year. I figure this game will be over early enough to where we get our starters out and rested for the barn. Our team will be mad so this may get ugly. I will be a little conservative as I think we won't do anything crazy on Saturday. I figure we run a lot, obviously.

47-6 Bama

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I wish I shared everyone's optimism and score predictions. I know this is WC but I feel a huge let down PLUS the early kickoff we struggle. Bama will win…
Bama- 28

WC- 10

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I wish I shared everyone's optimism and score predictions. I know this is WC but I feel a huge let down PLUS the early kickoff we struggle. Bama will win…
Bama- 28

WC- 10
No offense, but I think you're having some serious knee-jerk reactions to the struggle vs BCS #7 LSU and loss to BCS #8 Texas A&M.

Western Carolina has only played one other FBS school (4-6 Marshall), whom they lost to 24-52. Of their 9 other games (all FCS opponents), they've only won one and lost 8. In those 9 FCS games, the average score has been 25.9-38.7. They've only allowed less than 38 pts twice - against Mars Hill (14) and against Samford (25). Without those two games, WCU is averaging 24.3-45.1.

And somehow, they're going to hold us to 28pts?

Complete beatdown, with our twos and threes giving up a late fourth quarter score.

Bama 52
WCU 7

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I believe we will see our team get back to the basics against WC (to include re-emphasizing the rushing attack) and this will simply wear down the opponent. Likely will result in a huge score disparity.

I'm predicting Drake gets 15+ carries. Yep, that kinda game.

Bama 59 WCU 9

B

BamaJ

Some folks need to realize we're still Bama. Even Bama loses from time to time. This should be easy and it's one of the few games I actually get to attend.

Bama 54
WCU 3

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Hope this doesn't qualify as coach-bashing, but suppose we're up around 28-0 in the second quarter, my thoughts are that second stringers start blending in before the second half - quarterback(s) included.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Some folks need to realize we're still Bama. Even Bama loses from time to time. This should be easy and it's one of the few games I actually get to attend.

Bama 54
WCU 3
no kidding. my 8 year old has really only seen alabama lose two games in his life (don't think he remembers the 2010 season) and he cannot fathom alabama losing. i had to talk him off the ledge on saturday night because to him it was like the world was ending. sometimes a loss every once in a while isn't a bad thing and can add some perspective to life.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.