Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team RollBamaRoll90's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bama vs UGA for SEC Championship

ASSUMING we beat Auburn in the Iron Bowl, we will make it to Atlanta. From there, how do we fare against Georgia? Aaron Murray could have played Auburn blindfolded and Gurley is not girly at all. On paper, one would say we are better than UGA but they are playing lights out right now.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bama vs UGA for SEC Championship

That is correct. Depends on which teams show up in Atlanta, UGA is playing pretty good football right now and we are not. We will know in about 3 weeks.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

11-1 Alabama vs 11-1 Georgia. Two one loss, top 5 teams competing for the SEC Title? I say it'll be a great game.

If both teams bring their A game I say Alabama wins by 10-14 points. Georgia is no pushover and will give Alabama a fight. Assuming Alabama rests their starters in the next two games they should be able to wear down Georgia by the 4th Quarter.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    11-1 Alabama vs 11-1 Georgia. Two one loss, top 5 teams competing for the SEC Title? I say it'll be a great game.

If both teams bring their A game I say Alabama wins by 10-14 points. Georgia is no pushover and will give Alabama a fight. Assuming Alabama rests their starters in the next two games they should be able to wear down Georgia by the 4th Quarter.
    I agree, assuming we get back to running the ball enough to wear them out.

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You just never know what we are gonna do from one week to the next. When we bring our A game we can play with anybody. If we dont come focused alabama will destroy us. Sometimes i think we think we can win on talent alone and in some cases we have but against bama its not happening. If we can take care of the ball,keep the penalties to a minimum and stick to our assignments defensively we should be able to give yall a game if not its gonna be a repeat of the last time we played bama(08). Two great defenses,talented backs on both sides,both teams have a lot of weapons. Whoever wins i personally hope gets to the title game and keeps our conferences national title reign going.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we go ahead and make a sticky stating that Georgia/The SEC East will be the home team in the SEC Championship?
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I hope AJ finds Jarvis Jones before every snap and goes wherever he isn't.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Can Bama's DB's defend against Murray. With the way we've been playing I'm not sure we can.

Hopefully, Coach can find a way to get it done.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I think by then things will be figured out!
    Sports Do Not Build Character...They Reveal It. - John Wooden

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bama vs UGA for SEC Championship

Murray is no threat running the ball, our Achilles' heel. With it all on the line, I'm hoping we respond. UGA thinks they have a shot too, and they do, to go to Miami.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Murray is no threat running the ball, our Achilles' heel. With it all on the line, I'm hoping we respond. UGA thinks they have a shot too, and they do, to go to Miami.
    Nether was Mett......just saying. It is a bit deeper than that and Murray has the arm. We MUST hit him and this game is Bama's. Jarvis on Fluker is scary, lets get us a tightened or back chip on that monster.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

On paper, I would not say that UGA is inferior to Alabama. They've had some suspensions that affected how their defense gelled early in the season but in the process it made them deeper when the starters all came back and got into the flow. Defensively, they're better than us at the moment with the best single defender in the conference in Jarvis Jones. Offensively, they have struggled at times against Florida and USC but have detonated every other opponent they've faced. So in a sense, they are very similar to us in that regard.

Ultimately, it comes down to the matchups as always. Florida and USC both have two big things in common: they get significant pressure in the pocket and their corners swarm around the ball. I think we can get some pressure on Murray and potentially force some bad throws but I'm concerned with how we'll hold up when they're very aggressive about attacking you deep...something we've struggled with lately. They aren't quite as physical as LSU but they can run. It is important that we stop them without having to compromise things on the backend. We're going to need to protect our secondary and hound the passer to win.

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    You just never know what we are gonna do from one week to the next. When we bring our A game we can play with anybody. If we dont come focused alabama will destroy us. Sometimes i think we think we can win on talent alone and in some cases we have but against bama its not happening. If we can take care of the ball,keep the penalties to a minimum and stick to our assignments defensively we should be able to give yall a game if not its gonna be a repeat of the last time we played bama(08). Two great defenses,talented backs on both sides,both teams have a lot of weapons. Whoever wins i personally hope gets to the title game and keeps our conferences national title reign going.
    That's the thing about Georgia, they are very good when they want to be and can compete with anyone. And I believe if it wasn't for the unnecessary penalties UGA would have beat Florida by 20+ instead of 8. Also, if our DB's don't get it together, Georgia will connect on a lot of deep passes just like Texas A&M did. If Georgia doesn't commit turnovers and they can control the clock it will be a close game.

And I've always wanted to see an Alabama vs Georgia SECCG. I was getting sick of Florida.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell