Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Re: Bama vs UGA for SEC Championship

I agree with a lot of what you say rgw. However i really think its crucial for us to establish the run. A lot of people dont realize keith marshall is every bit as talented as todd gurley is. We need to make sure both of our freshman backs get plenty of touches and establish the run in order to get some things working play action wise. We also need marlon brown back and healthy at wide reciever. Hopefully the nagging injuries that jarvis,alec and bacarri have been playing with all year wont effect their play to much. Ive been really impressed with that young wideout,amari cooper of yalls. We are definitely gonna need our secondary to bring their a game in order to keep him bottled up. Of course yeldon and lacy are some darn good backs as well. Theres a lot of talent,NFL talent out there on the field when we these two teams line up against one another.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yeah, they go as far as their run game takes them. They typically struggle when they can't establish the rushing game. This is what concerns me even though Murray hasn't had a single great game start to finish in my memory against a quality opponent. I don't think they're as physical as LSU but they're still good enough that we will probably have to leave our secondary on an island in standard run downs...then it comes down to whether they can win their matchup against the play action. The last two games suggests at some positions the answer is a resounding "no."

UGA scares me because I think they're putting it together as we're kinda coming apart at the seams.

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

With Aaron its all about his confidence. If he comes out,connects on some passes early and establishes his confidence early look out. However if his confidence is shaken early and he begins to doubt himself we are in trouble. It would be nice if we had matthew stafford back for this game. His confidence was unshakeable,not so with Aaron.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

GADawg, I thought Marlon Brown tore his ACL and is out for the season?

BamaNation First Team BayouBama75's Avatar
    My Mood
    Pensive on TideFans.com

I hope we get the Georgia that squeezed by Ky and got demolished by USCe. The one that played UT and UF would also be beatable. To me beating AU is not an impressive win as everyone is beating them bad I do look for them to give us their best though

The SEC is ridiculously top loaded. It's not just about Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, and South Carolina being highly ranked. It's about the fact that those six teams have only lost to each other. We'll know more after the ACC games, but while this might not match the undefeated Alabama vs. Florida in 2009, or the 2011 Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas trio in terms of elite at the very top, the depth at the top looks pretty darn deep. If the SEC beats Georgia Tech, Florida St., and Clemson they'll have made an extremely powerful argument that a one loss SEC team is better than undefeated in another conference. If the SEC drops a couple of those though, it will really hurt the case and bring up the possibility that the SEC just doesn't have any elite teams this year.

In another conference, or another scenario I think any of those six are legit title contenders. As it is, only two have even an outside chance. I also think some of the losses you have seen are more an issue of match-ups, or teams being banged up. They've all taken their turns playing less than stellar games. More so than anything else, it's like NFL match-ups. The players are so good, and the margin of error so small that it's virtually impossible to be undefeated.

I'm not sure how Georgia will look against Alabama, but if they show up like LSU and Texas A&M did, Alabama will have their hands full.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We still have 2 games left that are not a given, but if we make it. I believe CNS & staff will have them ready. It all depends on which team shows up & if everyone is healthy enough to play to their top level.

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    We still have 2 games left that are not a given, but if we make it. I believe CNS & staff will have them ready. It all depends on which team shows up & if everyone is healthy enough to play to their top level.
    Well said and I agree, Tom.

I started typing a response here saying this should be a close game, similar teams/styles of play but then I started thinking what's the major difference in the teams. This is what I came up with - we got down 20 we fought and came back, ended up falling short but we went down swinging. That tells me we have a lot of heart. When they got down 21 they quit, plain and simple there is lot of quit in that dawg. Impose our will and they will quit.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

First, we are wearing white jerseys. This is kind of like the NCAA tournament at this point in the season. When does a team peak or has a team already peaked?
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Really?

Something to consider about UGA. They play Georgia Southern this weekend and Georgia Tech next weekend. Their defense will be worn out from that option two weeks in a row.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Really?

Something to consider about UGA. They play Georgia Southern this weekend and Georgia Tech next weekend. Their defense will be worn out from that option two weeks in a row.
    let us hope.... and hope that we can put UWC away early...

Back to UGA though....we will have to play base against them, which gave us fits against LSU. Despite some fatigue/mental issues against aTm, we are still better in nickel.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What I find encouraging is that we have been in position to win both of the games that we have looked terrible in. We won one and lost the other. If we even play half way better, I think we beat GA. Anything can happen if we play like we did the last two games. Our boys have a lot of fight in them, and I think they will be ready to roll the dawgs.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18