Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Re: Bama vs UGA for SEC Championship

[QUOTE=92tide;2031587]I have to ask muschamp and Driskell what they thought of ULL first .
    Having lived in GA for 20 years, I am very biased against the puppies (i hate me some uga). Y'all have been one of the most talented teams in the nation year in and year out since richt got there. I wish GA tech had at least an outside chance of giving y'all a game this year, but that is pretty much out of the question.

Its been a strange year this year. South carolina barely beats vandy,17-13(and probably wouldnt had it not been for a bogus pass interference call at the end of the game. We turn around and beat vandy 48-3,in nashville. We turn around and dont even show up and lay an egg over at williams-brice over in columbia. That same south carolina team that gashed us gets smashed 44-16 down in gainesville by the gators. than we go down to jacksonville and our defense pretty much wins the game for us(driskell sacked four times,six florida turnovers). Strange year in the sec this year. But its true on any given sunday. I enjoy coming to this board sometimes because most of the bama people ive spoken to here are smart enough to be objective and they know their x,s and o,s. Nice to be able to talk football and game situations and decisions instead of the smack talk i get on some of the other boards i visit(AUBURN,LSU). I still cant believe some of the language used on those boards.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I think people overexagerate UGA. Murray is great if you give him the oppurtunity but look at Florida game. If Florida didnt just self destruct then thye are the team in the East and would win by 14. Rict coaches plain horrible against Saban if he gets behind so unless UGA can get a good lead, which I dont see, then we will win
    Our defense is what made florida self destruct they didnt just go out there and hand us the game. We got to jeff driskell and sacked him four times. Also it was our pass rush that induced him to throw 3 interceptions and cause three fumbles. All the suspensions really hurt our defensive unit earlier this year and i definitely think thats why are defense wasnt playing up to their pottential. However now youre starting to see our defense play like a cohesive unit and play to the fullest of their potential and at just the right time as well!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

So welcome to the SEC. It's where previous W/L records mean nothing, and any one team can beat any other team on any given Saturday. The only thing that really matters is which team shows up the hungriest.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    Our defense is what made florida self destruct they didnt just go out there and hand us the game. We got to jeff driskell and sacked him four times. Also it was our pass rush that induced him to throw 3 interceptions and cause three fumbles. All the suspensions really hurt our defensive unit earlier this year and i definitely think thats why are defense wasnt playing up to their pottential. However now youre starting to see our defense play like a cohesive unit and play to the fullest of their potential and at just the right time as well!!
    True, but still Bama's offensive line is better than Florida and I really dont think Bama will turn it over like they did the last two weeks. Dont get me wrong I think it will be a very tight game( I'm totatly confident in the iron bowl outcome), but I really think if Richt and Bobo arnt willing to change from their gameplan if things dont work then saban will feed on that like he, spurrier, miles,and meyer all have the past decade and some change. could be wrong but 3-10 points either way
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

A big factor in the outcome of a potential matchup between Alabama and Georgia is which team is peaking and which team has already peaked. IMO we peaked in the Missouri game and Georgia peaked in the Florida game. So the winner of this game will be which team can find the intensity and discipline needed to recapture those performances.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

I agree with a lot of what you say graytide. I think you guys are more consistent than we are on a week in and week out basis. Like ive said in prior posts we run hot and cold from week to week. When i went to the championship game back in 05 all i heard was how we where gonna get stomped,how they were feelin it down in da bayou country,we didnt have an answer for jamarcus russell. So we promptly came out,hit Lsu in the mouth,knocked russell out of the game and six minutes into the first quarter the game was pretty much decided. No one gave us a chance in that game. Than their was last years nightmarish second half collapse after a great first half(especially defensively). Hopefully it will be a good competitive game. The last time i went to bryant denny stadium to watch us was one of the best games ive ever attended.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Both Alabama and Georgia have benefited from relatively easy conference schedules this year. Both teams have played two very good opponents and both teams are 1-1 in those games. Looking at this matchup right now, I would say offensively it is a dead heat, both teams have a lot of offensive weapons but both teams seem to misfire much too often. At this point I would give the edge to UGA defensively, especially in the secondary. Special teams is a push. IMO coaching favors Alabama. So it comes down to turnovers, penalties and field position which is what would be expected with two evenly matched teams. As I already said the winner is likely to be the team that can find whatever it had when it was playing at its best earlier in the season.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner