Bama vs UGA for SEC Championship

RollBamaRoll90

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 10, 2012
Huntsville,AL
ASSUMING we beat Auburn in the Iron Bowl, we will make it to Atlanta. From there, how do we fare against Georgia? Aaron Murray could have played Auburn blindfolded and Gurley is not girly at all. On paper, one would say we are better than UGA but they are playing lights out right now.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
That is correct. Depends on which teams show up in Atlanta, UGA is playing pretty good football right now and we are not. We will know in about 3 weeks.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
11-1 Alabama vs 11-1 Georgia. Two one loss, top 5 teams competing for the SEC Title? I say it'll be a great game.

If both teams bring their A game I say Alabama wins by 10-14 points. Georgia is no pushover and will give Alabama a fight. Assuming Alabama rests their starters in the next two games they should be able to wear down Georgia by the 4th Quarter.

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012
11-1 Alabama vs 11-1 Georgia. Two one loss, top 5 teams competing for the SEC Title? I say it'll be a great game.

If both teams bring their A game I say Alabama wins by 10-14 points. Georgia is no pushover and will give Alabama a fight. Assuming Alabama rests their starters in the next two games they should be able to wear down Georgia by the 4th Quarter.
I agree, assuming we get back to running the ball enough to wear them out.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
You just never know what we are gonna do from one week to the next. When we bring our A game we can play with anybody. If we dont come focused alabama will destroy us. Sometimes i think we think we can win on talent alone and in some cases we have but against bama its not happening. If we can take care of the ball,keep the penalties to a minimum and stick to our assignments defensively we should be able to give yall a game if not its gonna be a repeat of the last time we played bama(08). Two great defenses,talented backs on both sides,both teams have a lot of weapons. Whoever wins i personally hope gets to the title game and keeps our conferences national title reign going.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Can Bama's DB's defend against Murray. With the way we've been playing I'm not sure we can.

Hopefully, Coach can find a way to get it done.

BAMAFEVER50

1st Team
Aug 17, 2008
MOODY, AL
Murray is no threat running the ball, our Achilles' heel. With it all on the line, I'm hoping we respond. UGA thinks they have a shot too, and they do, to go to Miami.
Nether was Mett......just saying. It is a bit deeper than that and Murray has the arm. We MUST hit him and this game is Bama's. Jarvis on Fluker is scary, lets get us a tightened or back chip on that monster.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
On paper, I would not say that UGA is inferior to Alabama. They've had some suspensions that affected how their defense gelled early in the season but in the process it made them deeper when the starters all came back and got into the flow. Defensively, they're better than us at the moment with the best single defender in the conference in Jarvis Jones. Offensively, they have struggled at times against Florida and USC but have detonated every other opponent they've faced. So in a sense, they are very similar to us in that regard.

Ultimately, it comes down to the matchups as always. Florida and USC both have two big things in common: they get significant pressure in the pocket and their corners swarm around the ball. I think we can get some pressure on Murray and potentially force some bad throws but I'm concerned with how we'll hold up when they're very aggressive about attacking you deep...something we've struggled with lately. They aren't quite as physical as LSU but they can run. It is important that we stop them without having to compromise things on the backend. We're going to need to protect our secondary and hound the passer to win.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
You just never know what we are gonna do from one week to the next. When we bring our A game we can play with anybody. If we dont come focused alabama will destroy us. Sometimes i think we think we can win on talent alone and in some cases we have but against bama its not happening. If we can take care of the ball,keep the penalties to a minimum and stick to our assignments defensively we should be able to give yall a game if not its gonna be a repeat of the last time we played bama(08). Two great defenses,talented backs on both sides,both teams have a lot of weapons. Whoever wins i personally hope gets to the title game and keeps our conferences national title reign going.
That's the thing about Georgia, they are very good when they want to be and can compete with anyone. And I believe if it wasn't for the unnecessary penalties UGA would have beat Florida by 20+ instead of 8. Also, if our DB's don't get it together, Georgia will connect on a lot of deep passes just like Texas A&M did. If Georgia doesn't commit turnovers and they can control the clock it will be a close game.

And I've always wanted to see an Alabama vs Georgia SECCG. I was getting sick of Florida.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
I agree with a lot of what you say rgw. However i really think its crucial for us to establish the run. A lot of people dont realize keith marshall is every bit as talented as todd gurley is. We need to make sure both of our freshman backs get plenty of touches and establish the run in order to get some things working play action wise. We also need marlon brown back and healthy at wide reciever. Hopefully the nagging injuries that jarvis,alec and bacarri have been playing with all year wont effect their play to much. Ive been really impressed with that young wideout,amari cooper of yalls. We are definitely gonna need our secondary to bring their a game in order to keep him bottled up. Of course yeldon and lacy are some darn good backs as well. Theres a lot of talent,NFL talent out there on the field when we these two teams line up against one another.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, they go as far as their run game takes them. They typically struggle when they can't establish the rushing game. This is what concerns me even though Murray hasn't had a single great game start to finish in my memory against a quality opponent. I don't think they're as physical as LSU but they're still good enough that we will probably have to leave our secondary on an island in standard run downs...then it comes down to whether they can win their matchup against the play action. The last two games suggests at some positions the answer is a resounding "no."

UGA scares me because I think they're putting it together as we're kinda coming apart at the seams.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
With Aaron its all about his confidence. If he comes out,connects on some passes early and establishes his confidence early look out. However if his confidence is shaken early and he begins to doubt himself we are in trouble. It would be nice if we had matthew stafford back for this game. His confidence was unshakeable,not so with Aaron.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I hope we get the Georgia that squeezed by Ky and got demolished by USCe. The one that played UT and UF would also be beatable. To me beating AU is not an impressive win as everyone is beating them bad I do look for them to give us their best though

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The SEC is ridiculously top loaded. It's not just about Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, and South Carolina being highly ranked. It's about the fact that those six teams have only lost to each other. We'll know more after the ACC games, but while this might not match the undefeated Alabama vs. Florida in 2009, or the 2011 Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas trio in terms of elite at the very top, the depth at the top looks pretty darn deep. If the SEC beats Georgia Tech, Florida St., and Clemson they'll have made an extremely powerful argument that a one loss SEC team is better than undefeated in another conference. If the SEC drops a couple of those though, it will really hurt the case and bring up the possibility that the SEC just doesn't have any elite teams this year.

In another conference, or another scenario I think any of those six are legit title contenders. As it is, only two have even an outside chance. I also think some of the losses you have seen are more an issue of match-ups, or teams being banged up. They've all taken their turns playing less than stellar games. More so than anything else, it's like NFL match-ups. The players are so good, and the margin of error so small that it's virtually impossible to be undefeated.

I'm not sure how Georgia will look against Alabama, but if they show up like LSU and Texas A&M did, Alabama will have their hands full.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
We still have 2 games left that are not a given, but if we make it. I believe CNS & staff will have them ready. It all depends on which team shows up & if everyone is healthy enough to play to their top level.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.