Pretty short and to the point today
- Players of the week: Amari Cooper & Eddie Lacy on offense; CJ Mosley & John Fulton on defense; Mandell on special teams.
- John Fulton is struggling with turf toe. His status is VERY questionable for Saturday vs. WCU
- Chris Black is cleared for activity but not clear for contact. Could be cleared for contact in another month or so.
- The focus has to be on not what has been lost, but the lessons learned from those circumstances.
- One question has to be …why do we not respond emotionally until we’re down 20-0? I am responsible for that.”
- I don’t think we need to focus on WHO we’re playing this week, but HOW we’re playing.
- It’s the Bluegrass Miracle phenomenon. You play bad, you win the game, and then you get your [backside] kicked the next week
- You all (the media) live in the “results world”. We live in the “process world”.
- We don’t control what happens, but we can control what we do.
Note from Nico Johnson’s portion of media on players who spoke up in the locker room after the loss:
AJ McCarron, Nico Johnson, and Chance Warmack