Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Getting out of Tuscaloosa has become a nightmare

This is why my tickets go unused. Most of the time I'd rather watch it from the television.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMTA06 View Post
    This is why my tickets go unused. Most of the time I'd rather watch it from the television.
    Don't waste 'em man. Give 'em to somebody who'd gladly fight the traffic war.

BamaNation First Team saraelizabethua's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

By my junior year we were still struggling with traffic trying to leave the game and get somewhere to eat in town... But my senior year my friends and I had a breakthrough. After every game BUT Mississippi State (and probably less so, Ole Miss) You can get into Northport wayyy easier than anywhere else. We'd always change out of our MDB uniforms and go to Jimmy Johns.

Does that help your problem? No. But the message is that if you're creative, you won't end up stuck on McFarland with everyone else. Most out-of-towners come from Birmingham or south Alabama, except for the MSU game which entices people from the other direction as well.

There's no shame in traveling 10 extra miles to cut two hours of time off of your driving.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjess View Post
    Because the original poster is saying he is not going to attend this week's game because of the traffic.
    I don't see that anywhere in his post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Getting out of Tuscaloosa has become a nightmare

Because the original poster is saying he is not going to attend this week's game because of the traffic.
    Where in the OP did he say that? I read it 3 times and still don't see that he said he isn't going Saturday. Maybe it's all the cold medicine I'm on...
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation All-American Crimson Flyboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I said in another thread that I am not going to the game this weekend. That, however, is not because of the traffic, but rather, because a game against Western Carolina is worthless.
    שלום
    Pax
    Peace

"The sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions, it is usurpation and oppression."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

"Any man who strives for free inquiry, free thought, and self ownership is my brother and countryman."

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I don't see that anywhere in his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmv85 View Post
    Where in the OP did he say that? I read it 3 times and still don't see that he said he isn't going Saturday. Maybe it's all the cold medicine I'm on...
    He made another thread to say the game against this week's opponent isn't worth viewing.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Suspended

Yep. Not many ways out of Tuscaloosa.

I would have gone up University until you get to Cottondale and then get onto 20/59.
    Agreed, but even traffic up University/Highway 11 can be bad and then there's still the risk of a parking lot on 20/59. Plus no food that way...

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Flyboy View Post
    I said in another thread that I am not going to the game this weekend. That, however, is not because of the traffic, but rather, because a game against Western Carolina is worthless.

Trollin' hard, bro. Nice work.

BamaNation First Team saraelizabethua's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Seriously.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I remember the good old days of a 70,000 plus capacity stadium. We all need those Jetson Jet packs to get home quicker!
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American Crimson Flyboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    I dont' know what your thread means, however, if you were to use english I just might.
    שלום
    Pax
    Peace

"The sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions, it is usurpation and oppression."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

"Any man who strives for free inquiry, free thought, and self ownership is my brother and countryman."

Yep. Not many ways out of Tuscaloosa.

I would have gone up University until you get to Cottondale and then get onto 20/59.
    That was the route I took. It still took nearly an hour to get from campus to 20/59 (they don't let you get on at exit 79, they make you continue on US11 and get on at exit 86).