Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Getting out of Tuscaloosa has become a nightmare

To be able to attend a game at BDS is a wonderful opportunity. I don't have season tickets so get to just a few games. These early games are difficult which mean I have to leave TN very early in the morning and still have time to stop and eat before the game. I don't view this as a problem.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Hell's Bells, people. Surely most of the negative posts are trolls. I live in Birmingham. If I lived in Oxford, Huntsville, or anywhere in the state I'd still drive to every home game. So I don't care if I have to cruise on 261. For all I care I'll take 82 to Montgomery and go up I-65.

If you skip a game, please put your tickets on eBay for $5 so someone will go and yell. Donate the $5 back to the university or maybe storm relief.

I live in the Tuscaloosa area now. I have lived in, and traveled through, several larger cities. Tuscaloosa does seem to have traffic issues for a smaller town. The traffic is a problem without a game (many local residents complain), as people travel either McFarland Blvd. or over the bridge from N'port or from Hwy. 69 S to 359 to get to work and back. It is common to take 30 minutes to drive 9 - 10 miles at rush hour. You basically inch your way to work each day and can be frustrating five days a week. Many people arrange work schedules either early or late, where they do not have an 8:00 a.m. arrival time. So, I do understand fans having some complaints, even if they do love Alabama football. If I were traveling to B'ham, I would NOT take McFarland during game times, but would use 15th St. E or Univ. Blvd. E. and wind around to Hwy. 11 (far end of Skyland Blvd. through Cottondale). I would take 11 until I got back on 20/59 by Mercedes, as you will be back to three lanes in that area. Good luck to those traveling in and out of T-Town! RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I would gladly sit in traffic for 16 hours after a Bama game. So, anyone not wanting to fight "traffic", I will take those tickets anytime.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln osiris View Post
    Attendance suffers?
    Yeah, the traffic is an illusion. It's so crowded nobody goes to games any more.

Sa-loot to Yogi Berra.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

This thread is a God-send because I've never had to drive out of Tuscaloosa in order to get a place to stay. The wife and I still have close friends that live in town, so we just stay with them. Back to OP, I've always tried to avoid McFarland even during the offseason - there's just too much traffic on that road. All of the other suggestions are good. And I'll gladly take the tickets off of your hands as well.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Just trying to get out of Tuscaloosa in one piece is the nightmare for little aubie this year.

Last edited by Highway59; November 14th, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

BamaNation All-American

Would love to have that problem again but there are not enough handicap spaces close to the stadium and I can't walk very far or sit or stand very long. Getting from my vehicle to the stadium, sitting in a stadium seat that's hard as a rock for 4 hours then back to my vehicle, then sitting in the car seat for 4 hours counting the ride home, has me ready to stomp the floor boards out, that's about 12 hours sitting or standing on concrete. Can't drink anything because then I have to navigate the stadium steps and crowd to go pee.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.