Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn stepping up and beating Bama ... possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    Well if it makes you feel any better I would place a serious wager that Alabama has spent some time on Auburn some this season and will likely spend most of this week focusing on them, too. Bama's backups will play most of the game against Western Carolina as it's nothing more than a scrimmage. Next week will obviously be focused on Auburn full time.
    The big thing is that WCU is so bad defensively - even by the FCS standards - that I imagine we may not even see the typical one half of football from the starters. We could probably play the spread option offense with Blake Sims for 45 minutes and still win by a something-in-the-50s to small-number margin. Considering that our offensive problems feel more like an identity crisis than knowledge of the offense, I imagine we not even pass the ball over 15 times Saturday. I know it's a slumpbuster team...but M.O. on what we are offensively can still be ingrained in the player's minds.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama could beat Alabama; Auburn not so much.

This AU team is worse than last year's team, and we know what happened there. Mosley was lost all day. Frazier wasn't any better when coming in. That was last year and from what I've seen of Auburn it has only gone down hill since then. Yes, they gave LSU all they could muster. That was a different team then. I don't know if that game took it all out of them or what. Really that might be the last time an Auburn team has shown up. My Auburn hubbie believes in Wallace, but he didn't do much vs. UGA. I do think he's more talented than Mosley and Frazier though and will be starting vs. Bama.

That said I worry about every single game, yep every single. I worry about mental, emotional, physical. The whole nine yards. Just always been that way come game day. I will be just as nervous on Auburn game day as every other. In fact maybe more nervous because I know the implications if Alabama doesn't win. Even admitting to that I know it would take Alabama self destructing to lose. I just hope they show me quickly that they're not going to do that both this week and next.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The big thing is that WCU is so bad defensively - even by the FCS standards - that I imagine we may not even see the typical one half of football from the starters. We could probably play the spread option offense with Blake Sims for 45 minutes and still win by a something-in-the-50s to small-number margin. Considering that our offensive problems feel more like an identity crisis than knowledge of the offense, I imagine we not even pass the ball over 15 times Saturday. I know it's a slumpbuster team...but M.O. on what we are offensively can still be ingrained in the player's minds.
    IMO, any players who are dinged up shouldn't even play in this game. I hope we have a big enough lead after a quarter and a half that we get every main starter off the field to avoid injury. That's the only concern I have about games like this. We're going to blow them out. I just don't want any starters injured in a meaningless game. Honestly, we probably will prepare for Auburn and/or Georgia all this week and still show up at Bryant Denny and destroy WCU.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

This still applies.

Roll Tide
    S.N.A.S.S.
    -Richard Heaton-

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I usually say stats, rankings and records don't matter in a rivalry game, but this year is different. Auburn is terrible. Alabama should be able to put 40 on them. Georgia completely shut them down and I see Alabama doing the same to the barn.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we fumble 18 times, throw ten ints. and get 600 yards in penalties they may stay within 28.

BamaNation First Team gman4tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Imo, our loss this past weekend is the worst thing that could've happened to the barn. Had we won, it would have been 2 solid weeks of bcs this and sec champ that. Now, the barn has the opportunity to play spoiler and I think the players will be aware of and us this. It really could get ugly at BDS in 2 weeks...

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

We lose one game and they have one moral victory against LSU and suddenly they act like they are in the driver's seat in the SEC West. Typical barner logic.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    This Auburn team is pretty horrendous. I say that with no relish (ok a little bit). However, both teams in the past have stepped up their game for the Iron Bowl in seasons where each was playing well below expectations and blasted the other, killing any title hopes for them. What's the liklihood of this happening? Does anyone know of a season where one team was down so much but somehow mustered enough pride and grit for the day to bring the other one down? Any occurrence that compares to 2-7 Auburn vs a 9-1 Bama team?

If it happened, how would this affect the next year for you? I am a Bama fan through and through and nothing will ever change that but I have to admit it would be very soul crushing. I would avoid Barners for some time afterwards.
    Let me be the first to say: MOOOO!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If our bus doesn't make it to the game... No wait forget that, the game is in Tuscaloosa...

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    We lose one game and they have one moral victory against LSU and suddenly they act like they are in the driver's seat in the SEC West. Typical barner logic.
    LOL

Don't know where you've seen that but I've never seen the Barners with less confidence than right now. They aren't even sure they can beat A&M....Alabama A&M!!!

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2002 View Post
    Let me give you one fact....

A&M had 28 points before Auburn had a FIRST DOWN.
    You're not helping a whole lot because yall had 20 points before we got our 2nd first down.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Selma, if we lose, it is the biggest upset at least since the rivalry was renewed, maybe ever. This is saying less about Alabama than it is about them. Things seem badly in disarray in Lee County. I don't see that suddenly turning around in a single week.

Plus, I think our team is going to have the attitude that we owe these guys. Lots of our players were around in 2010 and remember the last game in Tuscaloosa. Add to that the fact that one of the teams above us may have lost by then, and there is going to be renewed incentive to not only win, but do so convincingly.

So, is it possible? Sure. Remotely, and requires a lot of cooperation from us (and maybe a team-wide stomach virus).
    Roll Tide