Auburn stepping up and beating Bama ... possibility? (catch-all , barn thread)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Auburn stepping up and beating Bama ... possibility?

When you hear the disgust from guys like Nico and Lester, if that transfers into focus by the whole team then auburn has a big problem coming their way on 24NOV.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Re: Auburn has never beaten an A&M school

Well, lets just say we have a chance to be the 2nd team from Alabama to beat Auburn this year.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

To be fair, that stat begs the question: "How many times has *U played against AL A&M?" If they've played them multiple times and lost, that's one thing. But if they've never beaten them because they've never played them, then the above stat is meaningless.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

First of all, you can't put anything past *U. They don't care if they lose every game of the year, just as long as they beat Alabama. All the time they are giving up multiple TD's, PAT's and FG's to mediocre teams, they're practicing a whole mess of trick plays to use against the Tide. The worst thing we could do is to look past them in planning for the SECCG against UGA. They'll take advantage of every opportunity, so we can't afford to give them any.

Remember: "The most dangerous animal in the world is one that is backed into a corner and has nothing to lose."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

First of all, you can't put anything past *U. They don't care if they lose every game of the year, just as long as they beat Alabama. All the time they are giving up multiple TD's, PAT's and FG's to mediocre teams, they're practicing a whole mess of trick plays to use against the Tide. The worst thing we could do is to look past them in planning for the SECCG against UGA. They'll take advantage of every opportunity, so we can't afford to give them any.

Remember: "The most dangerous animal in the world is one that is backed into a corner and has nothing to lose."
They haven't taken advantage of a single opportunity yet this year, not sure why they would start now. I bet there are at least a few players on the barn who just want the season to be over and will just go through the motions. We saw it with the 2000 bama team

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges

The only way heartburn beats you is if theres a pat dye funded and backed sleeper cell in northwest alabama that he has ordered to kidnap the entire crimson tide team and coaching staff so they cannot show up at gametime. In all seriousness ive never in all my years seen a war parakeet team in this much dissaray. They gave up in that game against us after we scored our first touchdown last saturday(and it didnt take us long to score on em). That team has no HEART whatsoever. For the first time i can honestly say that didnt even feel like a rivalry game for us last week. Just wish we wouldve ran the score up on em a little more. No way do they beat you guys. I would be more concerned about them trying to hurt some of you guys out there playing dirty football than anything else. Remember what they did to glenn dorsey a few years ago. One of the dirtiest players ive ever seen nick fairley.

jdatide

1st Team
Nov 15, 2007
Carlisle, OH

Bingo. First of all, I think we win big. But I expect the barn to pull out every trick play that is within the rules, just hoping for a lucky strike here and there. Les Miles will be watching and taking notes. Barn might not even bring a punter to the game...what would be the point? 2009 all over again for them, except they don't get home cooking this time.

Condor 63

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2003
Birmingham, AL
home.bham.rr.com

This.

And it is more than rare for me to quote a post in it's entirety.

Point one: Everything the Aubies do is pointed in one direction and that is proving that no matter what else, they are better than Alabama. Many of their fans will even admit beating Alabama is the only one they really care about.

Point two: We have already proven to be weak against the pass which going into this season everyone expected. We got away with it for a long time. I'm guessing Aubie will try to pass and they have nothing to lose and a shred of dignity to gain.

Point three: They are a lucky team. Nobody here would have believed they could rise up from the dead and pull a Scam Newton like they did in 2K10. Nobody.

Don't count them out. Playing over their heads with their backs against the wall is about the only thing historically they have consistently done well.

Don't count them out. This is one of the few series we have that the win/loss record is close. There is a reason.

Don't count them out. Crush them, see them driven before us back to Aubietown in utter defeat, and listen to the lamentations of their women.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Mississippi State was known as Mississippi A&M until 1958, the Barn beat them a number of times under that name.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

This Auburn team is pretty horrendous. I say that with no relish (ok a little bit). However, both teams in the past have stepped up their game for the Iron Bowl in seasons where each was playing well below expectations and blasted the other, killing any title hopes for them. What's the liklihood of this happening? Does anyone know of a season where one team was down so much but somehow mustered enough pride and grit for the day to bring the other one down? Any occurrence that compares to 2-7 Auburn vs a 9-1 Bama team?

If it happened, how would this affect the next year for you? I am a Bama fan through and through and nothing will ever change that but I have to admit it would be very soul crushing. I would avoid Barners for some time afterwards.[
I lol'd..Gangnum style!! :biggrin: Nice troll. Really.

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Bingo. First of all, I think we win big. But I expect the barn to pull out every trick play that is within the rules, just hoping for a lucky strike here and there. Les Miles will be watching and taking notes. Barn might not even bring a punter to the game...what would be the point? 2009 all over again for them, except they don't get home cooking this time.
Not sure why you think this situation is similar to 2009. The 2009 Auburn team had talent, was at home and coming off a bye week. Alabama did not have a bye week before that game and it was a short week with the game played on a Friday. This team isn't nearly as good as 2009, we basically have a bye week with WCU coming up, it's a home game for Alabama and we will come in focused knowing we have to win to get to Atlanta. The sting of two years ago is still there too. If you think we are overlooking Auburn, you're sadly and sorely mistaken. Alabama can and will beat the ever loving crap out of them.

Last edited:

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

This Auburn team is pretty horrendous. I say that with no relish (ok a little bit). However, both teams in the past have stepped up their game for the Iron Bowl in seasons where each was playing well below expectations and blasted the other, killing any title hopes for them. What's the liklihood of this happening? Does anyone know of a season where one team was down so much but somehow mustered enough pride and grit for the day to bring the other one down? Any occurrence that compares to 2-7 Auburn vs a 9-1 Bama team?

If it happened, how would this affect the next year for you? I am a Bama fan through and through and nothing will ever change that but I have to admit it would be very soul crushing. I would avoid Barners for some time afterwards.
Seriously, and this is for your own good...

Stay off the drugs man.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Caption This gif Of Auburns DC BVG

The look on Phillip Marshall's face is absolutely hilarious..This look is pretty much common place with Barners this season..I can't quit laughing at Marshall..LOL

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Caption This gif Of Auburns DC BVG

Marshall- Opps, I just sharted my pants, I wonder if anyone will notice.

BVG- Philip needs to start using Just For Men, like me, the chicks dig it, oh my, what's that smell?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.