Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn stepping up and beating Bama ... possibility?

Most improbable......

2. Advertisement

The 1984 team would have been not have been 4-6 if Kerry Goode had not suffered the season ending knee injury in the Boston College game.The offense was built around him and the coac
    hing staff had to go to plan B which was Paul Carruth and others at TB.By the end of that season,they were a very competitive team.

Kevin ScAUrbinksy is wanting so bad to pick the barn to win, but even he has to know it ain't happening. If the barn fielding perhaps their worst team ever isn't enough, then how about the fact that we have to beat them to win the SEC West. They have zero, no, nadda, not one SEC win. Why would ANYONE think that we would be their lone SEC victory?
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm not completely sure on the annals of Auburn football history, but 2012 Auburn may be the worst major conference team in the state since the 1955 Alabama team.

Quote Originally Posted by uaintn View Post
    Agree with Selma, if we lose, it is the biggest upset in the history of sports. This is saying less about Alabama than it is about them. Things seem badly in disarray in Lee County. I don't see that suddenly turning around in a single week.

Plus, I think our team is going to have the attitude that we owe these guys. Lots of our players were around in 2010 and remember the last game in Tuscaloosa. Add to that the fact that one of the teams above us may have lost by then, and there is going to be renewed incentive to not only win, but do so convincingly.

So, is it possible? Sure. Remotely, and requires a lot of cooperation from us (and maybe a team-wide stomach virus).
    FIFY

01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    This Auburn team is pretty horrendous. I say that with no relish (ok a little bit). However, both teams in the past have stepped up their game for the Iron Bowl in seasons where each was playing well below expectations and blasted the other, killing any title hopes for them. What's the liklihood of this happening? Does anyone know of a season where one team was down so much but somehow mustered enough pride and grit for the day to bring the other one down? Any occurrence that compares to 2-7 Auburn vs a 9-1 Bama team?

If it happened, how would this affect the next year for you? I am a Bama fan through and through and nothing will ever change that but I have to admit it would be very soul crushing. I would avoid Barners for some time afterwards.
    The dead giveaway is in the line in bold. Classic troll mistake.

01/04/1926-08/11/2012

They're talking officially smack about Alabama A&M in the barn AD - that's how far the have fallen...

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/201...letic-complex/
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    The dead giveaway is in the line in bold. Classic troll mistake.
    Yep. No doubt he's a rival fan. I basically called him out yesterday and the boog disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    They're talking officially smack about Alabama A&M in the barn AD - that's how far the have fallen...

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/201...letic-complex/
    I would LMAO if Alabama A&M competed hard with them on Saturday. Not likely they will win but a competitive game would be gold.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

For persective, Googled top ten college football upsets in history. Nothing remote there. Googled top ten upsets in sports history and the only thing MAYBE in the ballpark of Auburn beating Alabama this year is the US beating the Rooskies in hockey in the '80 Olympics. There may be something comparable in the Old Testament.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBama View Post
    For persective, Googled top ten college football upsets in history. Nothing remote there. Googled top ten upsets in sports history and the only thing MAYBE in the ballpark of Auburn beating Alabama this year is the US beating the Rooskies in hockey in the '80 Olympics. There may be something comparable in the Old Testament.
    Namath guaranteeing victory in Super Bowl III.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Namath guaranteeing victory in Super Bowl III.
    Thought about that. But the Jets weren't 2 wins 8 losses against a 9 and 1 Colts

Auburn has never beaten an A&M school

Will Auburn beat Alabama A&M Saturday? History says not. I think they are playing strictly to try and beat BAMA now and A&M smells blood in the water.