Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Re: Auburn has never beaten an A&M school

I'm wondering if A&M will have a letdown & thus allow Aub to hang around in this game.
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn stepping up and beating Bama ... possibility?

I guess anything is possible but I don't see a Nick Saban coached team especially this group giving up & that is what it would take.

These kids played hard against a very good team Saturday, and came up a little short. Still the same team IMO & doing their best.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When you hear the disgust from guys like Nico and Lester, if that transfers into focus by the whole team then auburn has a big problem coming their way on 24NOV.

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Well, lets just say we have a chance to be the 2nd team from Alabama to beat Auburn this year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

To be fair, that stat begs the question: "How many times has *U played against AL A&M?" If they've played them multiple times and lost, that's one thing. But if they've never beaten them because they've never played them, then the above stat is meaningless.
    Last edited by Bama Reb; November 14th, 2012 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce014 View Post
    The 1984 Alabama team never gave up. Every loss was winnable.
    Seeing that statement made me think of RB Paul Ott Carruth. He played every play with everything he had.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

First of all, you can't put anything past *U. They don't care if they lose every game of the year, just as long as they beat Alabama. All the time they are giving up multiple TD's, PAT's and FG's to mediocre teams, they're practicing a whole mess of trick plays to use against the Tide. The worst thing we could do is to look past them in planning for the SECCG against UGA. They'll take advantage of every opportunity, so we can't afford to give them any.

Remember: "The most dangerous animal in the world is one that is backed into a corner and has nothing to lose."

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBama View Post
    Thought about that. But the Jets weren't 2 wins 8 losses against a 9 and 1 Colts
    Auburn would be better than 2-8 in the FCS (I-AA) which is like what the AFL was at the time.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Reb View Post
    First of all, you can't put anything past *U. They don't care if they lose every game of the year, just as long as they beat Alabama. All the time they are giving up multiple TD's, PAT's and FG's to mediocre teams, they're practicing a whole mess of trick plays to use against the Tide. The worst thing we could do is to look past them in planning for the SECCG against UGA. They'll take advantage of every opportunity, so we can't afford to give them any.

Remember: "The most dangerous animal in the world is one that is backed into a corner and has nothing to lose."
    They haven't taken advantage of a single opportunity yet this year, not sure why they would start now. I bet there are at least a few players on the barn who just want the season to be over and will just go through the motions. We saw it with the 2000 bama team
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Auburn stepping up and beating Bama ... possibility?

0!!!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

The only way heartburn beats you is if theres a pat dye funded and backed sleeper cell in northwest alabama that he has ordered to kidnap the entire crimson tide team and coaching staff so they cannot show up at gametime. In all seriousness ive never in all my years seen a war parakeet team in this much dissaray. They gave up in that game against us after we scored our first touchdown last saturday(and it didnt take us long to score on em). That team has no HEART whatsoever. For the first time i can honestly say that didnt even feel like a rivalry game for us last week. Just wish we wouldve ran the score up on em a little more. No way do they beat you guys. I would be more concerned about them trying to hurt some of you guys out there playing dirty football than anything else. Remember what they did to glenn dorsey a few years ago. One of the dirtiest players ive ever seen nick fairley.

Bingo. First of all, I think we win big. But I expect the barn to pull out every trick play that is within the rules, just hoping for a lucky strike here and there. Les Miles will be watching and taking notes. Barn might not even bring a punter to the game...what would be the point? 2009 all over again for them, except they don't get home cooking this time.

"We didn't come here lookin' for a moral victory."
    - Nick Saban, December 5, 2009

BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This.

And it is more than rare for me to quote a post in it's entirety.

Point one: Everything the Aubies do is pointed in one direction and that is proving that no matter what else, they are better than Alabama. Many of their fans will even admit beating Alabama is the only one they really care about.

Point two: We have already proven to be weak against the pass which going into this season everyone expected. We got away with it for a long time. I'm guessing Aubie will try to pass and they have nothing to lose and a shred of dignity to gain.

Point three: They are a lucky team. Nobody here would have believed they could rise up from the dead and pull a Scam Newton like they did in 2K10. Nobody.

Don't count them out. Playing over their heads with their backs against the wall is about the only thing historically they have consistently done well.

Don't count them out. This is one of the few series we have that the win/loss record is close. There is a reason.

Don't count them out. Crush them, see them driven before us back to Aubietown in utter defeat, and listen to the lamentations of their women.