Auburn stepping up and beating Bama ... possibility? (catch-all , barn thread)

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Re: Auburn stepping up and beating Bama ... possibility?

all great points, but they had one huge factor you left out. MALZAHN. enough said.
I agree 100%. Malzahn's offense was a pain in the butt except last year when they had a bunch of new starters. The offense this year is worse than last year, too. Not the same thing. Of course I'd think they would throw some new stuff at us because they can't beat us straight up.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

I think Chizik could beat Alabama and still walk right into the AD's office for his pink slip. They've already cancelled his post-Iron Bowl TV show. The writing is on the wall: everybody in the Auburn athletic facilities knows he is a dead man walking.
Agree. Nothing can save him at this point. This is the Terry Bowden situation all over again, except things are far worse for them now than they were then.

jdatide

1st Team
Nov 15, 2007
Carlisle, OH

I think Chizik could beat Alabama and still walk right into the AD's office for his pink slip. They've already cancelled his post-Iron Bowl TV show. The writing is on the wall: everybody in the Auburn athletic facilities knows he is a dead man walking.
“Auburn Football: Everyday” is produced by the Auburn IMG Sports Network and features Head Coach Gene Chizik. It has been widely speculated that Chizek may not be retained at the end of the year. He has three years remaining on his contract. The team is suffering its worst season in 60 years."

Oh Holy Cow! I'm out of state so I had not heard about his post-game show being cancelled. It's like when you stay at a hotel and wake up to see your final bill slid under the door...it's a nice way of saying "you won't be here tonight." Also funny/sad that the guy has been there four years and still gets his name spelled differently twice in the same paragraph in the story about his firing.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Re: Auburn has never beaten an A&M school

NM State used to be called NM A&M, so I don't know how you want the "technically"s to work on this one. :tongue:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Keep all the barn discussions in this thread, most of us don't care enough about them to see our board populated with discussions about them when Bama is 9-1 and has the potential to win an SECC as well as possibly a BCSNC.

shottistyeti

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2006

No way the barn beats Alabama this year. Especially true with Alabama no longer having the adding the pressure of being undefeated.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

This is from a barner board. Thread title is "why our optimism should be high right now". They got the "high" part right, now question about that!

We have an awesome head coach who already has a national title to his credit. Before anybody laughs, remember, he inherited a bad situation and turned a team that was 5-7 into national champions in two short years. A little known fact that never gets mentioned is that Auburn was NOT the only school interested in Chizik a few years back. The man can coach and would have won the Big 12 at Iowa State. He just didn't stay long enough because his true calling was being the front man for Auburn. We have the best coaching staff money can buy. Trooper can out recruit anybody in the country. It has been said that if you want great defenses every year, then Van Gorder is your guy. You just have to give him a season or two to coach up the talent. The schedule is MUCH easier next season. We expect to have some big name running backs by next year. There is a rumor circulating that Michael Dyer could get another chance, and while I'm not 100% sure that that would be an ideal situation, I can't say that having him back on the field would necessarily be a bad thing. The guy can flat out play. We don't need a new coach. We don't need new assistants. We just need time. After all, this team is young.
:rofl:

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Caption This gif Of Auburns DC BVG

Here is the interview & it makes Marshall look all that much more creepier..Almost stalker kinda status..I think Marshall found a stash of Dye's spirit juice hidden somewhere before the interview..

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama

CNS said never again. I believe him. Something just feels like CNS/Tide is going to make a statement in this IB. Kinda like the 36-0 beatdown...... RTR

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL

Here is the interview & it makes Marshall look all that much more creepier..Almost stalker kinda status..I think Marshall found a stash of Dye's spirit juice hidden somewhere before the interview..

WTH is Biscuit Neck Phillip so freakin CLOSE to BVG? AND has his armpit in his FACE?? You can tell BVG is quite uncomfortable with PM invading his personal space...

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Um, is it normal for reporters to be THAT close to the coach they are interviewing? That was very uncomfortable to watch--like I was in an episode of Dr. Phil! The only thing missing was a leather sofa and some tissues on a table next to it! Geez!!

jdatide

1st Team
Nov 15, 2007
Carlisle, OH

This does not belong on the football board...it belongs on Grillin' and Chillin' because PM's facial expression is due to spotting the tray of doughnuts just off camera!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

WTH is Biscuit Neck Phillip so freakin CLOSE to BVG? AND has his armpit in his FACE?? You can tell BVG is quite uncomfortable with PM invading his personal space...
Um, is it normal for reporters to be THAT close to the coach they are interviewing? That was very uncomfortable to watch--like I was in an episode of Dr. Phil! The only thing missing was a leather sofa and some tissues on a table next to it! Geez!!
I agree 100% with both of ya..It obvious Marshall is invading BVG's personal space & BVG looks really uncomfortable with it..Heck..It made me uncomfortable for BVG..Marshall shouldn't have been that close..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.