Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American ElkhartTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Link The last series of downs.. my take.

http://blockdownkickout.blogspot.com/

Hope this is okay to post here. I don't see why not though.

Boy was it painful to watch this and recap what happened...

Tell me what you think.

RTR
    The poster formerly known as "RoLL TiDE 13 26"

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Re: The last series of downs.. my take.

Looks like a great analysis. I will be waking up nights wondering why not run Jesse Williams 4 times. If they stop it 3 times, let Jesse throw a pass before you call some crazy crossing play to #7 like that.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Folks, we've lost 7 games since since 2008. I know a team down the road that has lost more than that this year. We still have the opportunity to play for an SEC title and if we are fortunate, we may get to play for the whole thing. RTR

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

The last series of downs.. my take.

No need in beating yourself up on whata,shoulda, or coulda. It happened and we know what happened. The time is to move on and play the next game.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElkhartTider View Post
    http://blockdownkickout.blogspot.com/

Hope this is okay to post here. I don't see why not though.

Boy was it painful to watch this and recap what happened...

Tell me what you think.

RTR
    Very painful to rehash, but ty for doing it. I'll forever as "Why?" and "Who?" about that series. CNS or Nuss needs to answer for that debacle. It was inexcusable.
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

-Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

Probably won't get the four page slobberfest like the in-depth analysis of TJ's TD against LSU, but gotta take the bad with the good. Thanks for posting the info.
    "We didn't come here lookin' for a moral victory."
    - Nick Saban, December 5, 2009

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

What about a throwback to an open tackle elligible??

BamaNation Second Team

The 4th down play was a pick play. Saban even said so himself. The receiver missed the pick plain and simple. If he would as least grazed the DB a little bit it would have been a TD. Chalk it up to a freshman mistake.

I certainly agree a timeout should have been called on 4th down. We had two and AJ needed his head cleared after taking that hit. This is what I don't understand. If Saban didn't want to leave much time on the clock for JF, milk it down to the end to the 24 sec clock and call a timeout. That would have been around 1:27 for A&M to score.

Even if the same play would have been called after a timeout, they could have at least made sure the receiver understood his role on the play.

good information Cody. I was wondering why we just didn't pound on them the entire second half. It was the successful formula for FLA and LSU. It certainly would have taken its toll by that point in the game. Great to meet you and hope you had a safe trip back. Message me the next time you come to a game and you can come over to our rv site and celebrate or drown your sorrows! lol
    Roll Tide!
    I aint never been nothing but a winner.

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

Our failure to score that last series and get the comeback win is hard to swallow. Yes there were questions about the play calling there as well as not running more during the game. Unfortunately it was what it was and brings back past painful memories. Like Namath's interception in the endzone in our loss to GA Tech in '62 when we were defending NCs and only a short FG would've won the game. Bear admitted what a stupid call that was. And when we were #1 against Texas in the '65 Orange Bowl and Namath failed to get a 1st down on a 4th and one QB sneak, Bear said that if we couldn't manage to make a yard then we didn't deserve to win. None of that makes this loss any easier when we had the win right in our grasp Saturday. Hopefully our guys will realize how much they still have to play for, and who knows...if they take care of business stranger things have happened.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    What about a throwback to an open tackle elligible??
    I say we line Eddie up to the left of A.J. And play action to him. The whole flow of the play is going to the right anyway. Have Williams run an out route to the left of the formation.

The people who say that we lost because we didn't commit to the run in the second half are correct. The critics of Nussmeier's play calling are correct. The loss to TAM was completely unnecessary, despite "Johnny's" exceptional performance. Give me the case Alabama vs. Nebraska in the 1972 Orange Bowl, and I will tell you that there was nothing we could have done to alter the outcome. The loss last Saturday was nothing like that. Different play calling against the Aggies, different result. End of story.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    The people who say that we lost because we didn't commit to the run in the second half are correct. The critics of Nussmeier's play calling are correct. The loss to TAM was completely unnecessary, despite "Johnny's" exceptional performance. Give me the case Alabama vs. Nebraska in the 1972 Orange Bowl, and I will tell you that there was nothing we could have done to alter the outcome. The loss last Saturday was nothing like that. Different play calling against the Aggies, different result. End of story.
    Or if TJ Yeldon didn't fumble on a RUNNING play earlier in the 4th quarter. Wait, did I just mention a negative result on a running play? That can't be right.

Let's not act like running plays don't have negative results either.
    Last edited by RTR91; November 13th, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!