Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama's Chances To Play For The BCSNCG

Bottom line: The SECís string of championships isnít quite dead and buried yet; at least not until the BCS pairings are released Dec. 2.
    Glad the writer chose to end the article with such a thought provoking statement.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC Bamafan P.T.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    Bama isn't winning a title this year or the next. Lets just hope we don't somehow get matched up with Oregon in Miami, that would be a mismatch in the Ducks favor.
    Yeah, no bama fan wants that. We should probably decline if it happens.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Alabama's Chances To Play For The BCSNCG

Bama isn't winning a title this year or the next. Lets just hope we don't somehow get matched up with Oregon in Miami, that would be a mismatch in the Ducks favor.
    Say what? Are you kidding...

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamafan P.T. View Post
    Yeah, no bama fan wants that. We should probably decline if it happens.

We will pass the baton to Auburn.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide13 View Post
    Say what? Are you kidding...
    Trolls. Live and let die.

Post Thanks / Like

There is meaningful hope that Stanford will beat Oregon, and also that TX will beat Kansas State. Alabama just needs to regroup and lay some wood on Auburn and Georgia. If we take care of the games within our control, the worst that can happen is that we end up beating Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

you are the same poster who posted that Bama will not be in the mix for the NC in the next couple of years. I asked you why that was the case and havn't seen you give an adequat answer yet.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    There is meaningful hope that Stanford will beat Oregon, and also that TX will beat Kansas State. Alabama just needs to regroup and lay some wood on Auburn and Georgia. If we take care of the games within our control, the worst that can happen is that we end up beating Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl.
    No, getting to play ND would be the best case scenario. There is almost no chance the Rose wouldn't take them as their at-large replacement for Oregon.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

We'll see about that, pal.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

If the team takes care of business, you never know what may happen on the field of play. We are not out of the BCSNC just yet. ROLL TIDE !!!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, who played for coach Bryant

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

It's important to remember that Alabama still has a lot on the line. A SEC championship, a BCS bowl, and a win over Auburn. Any year those three things happen is a good one, and only the most spoiled Alabama fans would not admit that.

Alabama is not in bad shape, but it's not good either. Had Pitt done a tiny bit better job of setting up their field goal (I was anxiously hoping they'd hit it), Alabama would be sitting at third right now in the BCS. Then, they'd just have to hope Texas trips up Kansas St., or Oregon loses one of three tough contests. I'd bet on that, but the two out of three losing thing is still not in their favor.

There is the outside chance of course, that no one loses, or only one does and Alabama somehow muscles their way in. I do see some momentum building, but I don't think it happens without a lot of help. If Alabama does not lose another game, some selectors will pick them. I can say that, but it likely won't be AP or BCS, so it won't matter.

Alabama has two things going for them, which is a potential protest vote from the AP. However, now that they know the BCS is going to change, I think they are less likely to do that, although they might just feel like being contrary. The other is the belief in the superiority of the SEC. A lot comes down to how things play out. If the the SEC beats Clemson, Florida St., and Georgia Tech, they'll have made a powerful statement that will also work its way into the computers. If Alabama has the blowouts they should have against Western Carolina, and Auburn, it will remind people what this team is capable of. Voters like offense, so if Alabama can put up 40 or 50 each game, while holding the other teams to single digits it will leave the right impression.

This would all set up the Alabama vs. Georgia matchup. #4 vs. #5, but it would carry more weight than that. It would be a huge game for the computers, and for the voters. It would have the logic of the SEC deserving a place in the championship game behind it. If Alabama has a powerful showing there, they would get some #1 votes.

Assuming Alabama can't sneak into the BCSCG (best chance is probably finding a way past Notre Dame and would be best aided by an Oregon loss), the best case scenario is to play Notre Dame. If things have gone well up until that point, Alabama might already have a few #1 votes, and Notre Dame might have one or two. But, the key is how the other bowls play out. If Texas A&M and LSU win their bowl games, it lends a lot to a pro Alabama argument. Likewise, if Alabama beats Notre Dame by more than the BCS championship game victor, some AP voters would vote for Alabama instead. It's not very likely that more do that, than would vote for Oregon, but if Oregon loses a close game, the vote could end up fairly close as well between Alabama and Kansas St.

Post Thanks / Like

If Bama was lucky enough to find its way to Miami against Kansas State or Notre Dame it would be an easy W. After seeing how our secondary has played the past two weeks I have no confidence Bama could beat Oregon. I don't see Oregon losing to any Pac12 team this year so it's moot anyway.

Next year Bama will have some real issues defensively. We lose CJ, Dee, Nico, and Jesse among others. Huge losses. Bama has to go to A&M and plays LSU as usual. It will be a tough year. I don't see Bama contending again until the playoff begins.

I thought coming into this year that 10-2 was the probable outcome. 11-1 with and SEC title is pretty good, I'll take it.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I said we needed to win out & Beat GA big & you would think I was rooting for ND, that is was this article says.

First we do not control anything except for an automatic out if we do not win out.

I really think there is a Better shot this year than last on the 3 not winning out.

BUT we are NOT the only one loss team, Voters will be hard pressed to put someone other than Bama Unless we clearly show we belong there!

Winning out, & beating GA by one point does not help our case.