Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Post Thanks / Like

Article WCU preview: Catamounts donít amount to much against Alabama

WCU preview: Catamounts donít amount to much against Alabama
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    November 14th, 2012 03:08 AM

By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 14, 2012   Any time Alabama hosts a Division-IAA school, it’s hard to find good things to say about the chances of the opponent.   In regards to Western Carolina, it’s nearly impossible.   The Catamounts are 1-9 this season, beating Division-II Mars Hill in the opening week and [...]

Read More Here
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WCU preview: Catamounts donít amount to much against Alabama

Wanted to get my thanks Jess in early. This analysis must have been tough to write. Hope there are no injuries.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The ideal scenario is that we absolutely blitz this team on the scoreboard in the first quarter and get the reserves into duty by the middle of the 2nd quarter. As bad as their defense has been against even equal footing and their huge size disadvantage, we could probably run the Sims and Drake show for the majority of the game and win by 40 or 50 points. In a game like this you simply don't want any Brodie Croyle-like injuries like the 2004 meeting.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jess, don't you know that you can't say the stuff like that? Just remember App State. Take nothing for granted!
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Jess, don't you know that you can't say the stuff like that? Just remember App State. Take nothing for granted!
    Former Michigan player: "Nearly half the team was stoned during Appalachian State loss"
    In a shocking revelation, this former player told me that over half of Michiganís defensive starters and several key offensive starters partied deep into the night the night before the 2007 Michigan vs. Appalachian State game, then smoked marijuana hours before kickoff in an effort to ďsee how bad we can beat Ďem up if we are stoned.Ē The player said that the Michigan secondary and linebackers were the main participants of this group, but the ring leader was an explosive offensive playmaker, who would later be suspended during his Michigan career for failing a drug test.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My comment was sarcasm because so many folks sincerely post that line during these game weeks. That excuse given by the player is ridiculous. I know folks that smoked (not sure if they still do), and they were not stoned hours later.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you actually get to watch any of their games, or is this a strictly from the stats sheet review?

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope we can get through this one with no injuries and give the 2nd and 3rd teams to get plenty of playing time.