Who do we beat by more - Auburn or Western Carolina?

Auburn or Western Carolina?

• Auburn

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Western Carolina

Votes: 36 61.0%

• Total voters

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
The SEC game is a week after Auburn. Even though we would all like to beat the barn by a hundred it would be foolish to risk injury to our starters. Remember, if everything falls into place we could still play for a NC.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I say don't even play starters against WCU. For Auburn keep the starters on offense in until they fail to score a TD (and let's let them go for two each time), and the defense stays in until they sack Wallace for the 25th time.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Appreciate the discussion, GASouthern (I know not the sae as WCU) not only gave us a scare but we were banged up after that. That is really all I hope for is that we come out with a win & healthy. It's a shame but we will need style points meaning Bama is back to being Bama in order to get the national attention.

API is always a different story. BDS is not he house protected, and EVERYTHING for Cheese rides on this game. You will know if he lost the team after our game for sure.

API has talented players they don't have the proper focus, so with all the eggs in one basket, we will see some really crazy stuff. Onside kick at the opening would nor surprise me. Reverses, wide receiver pass, lots of dink & dunks.

I was hoping we would set a new record for scoring margin win against API but I'm not sure now, I think we win but in a nail biter like 2009.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
The barn is one of the worst teams in FBS and they've pretty much mailed in the season.

Western Carolina is one of the worst teams in FCS and our scout team would be favored by double digits in the full game.

We could easily score 50 points against the Catamounts by accident. We'll run the barn out of town, yes, but they'll be a fair bit more competitive - to use the term loosely - than the Catamounts will.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Appreciate the discussion, GASouthern (I know not the sae as WCU) not only gave us a scare but we were banged up after that. That is really all I hope for is that we come out with a win & healthy. It's a shame but we will need style points meaning Bama is back to being Bama in order to get the national attention.

API is always a different story. BDS is not he house protected, and EVERYTHING for Cheese rides on this game. You will know if he lost the team after our game for sure.

API has talented players they don't have the proper focus, so with all the eggs in one basket, we will see some really crazy stuff. Onside kick at the opening would nor surprise me. Reverses, wide receiver pass, lots of dink & dunks.

I was hoping we would set a new record for scoring margin win against API but I'm not sure now, I think we win but in a nail biter like 2009.
If it is a nail biter, then I am really worried about playing the SECCG against Georgia. Auburn shouldn't be able to hang with us this year, and I see us winning pretty handily.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

You honestly believe it will be a nail biter against them ? Jeez

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
If it is a nail biter, then I am really worried about playing the SECCG against Georgia. Auburn shouldn't be able to hang with us this year, and I see us winning pretty handily.
I agree. Unfortunately we have some fans still with Shulaitis out there who think otherwise.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
Treat the WCU game like a week 1 NFL preseason game. Play the starters for maybe the first quarter, and maybe even let Sims and Ely run a series or two with the first team. Otherwise, give the key players a break since they will be needed more for the next two games.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Treat the WCU game like a week 1 NFL preseason game. Play the starters for maybe the first quarter, and maybe even let Sims and Ely run a series or two with the first team. Otherwise, give the key players a break since they will be needed more for the next two games.
Agreed.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I don't know what the score will be & neither do you. I'm ok with a win and that's it.
I just offered an opinion if you disagree ok. But this Shula stuff is out of line. Some of you need to get over Shula. Shula has Nothing to do with this team.

LSU is a fine football team & API gave them a tough time. I dont know just how banged up we are but it appears we have some really good players hurt.

So yes I did not Expect the 2009 game to turn the way it did but in the end we won & the team that Beat The Tebows & the McCoys was a lot different than the team at API.

I don't go to tiger dropping anymore to read because it one call out after another bashing someone's opinion.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

Absolutely no way we win in a nail biter against the Barn. Absolutely no way. There is no way that we will be in a position where we have to come from behind to beat an SEC team that is 0-7 in the SEC. No way. Nothing rides on this game for Chiznik. Nothing. He is as lame-duck as they come, getting a big buyout, and he is going to Church every Sunday. That's it. Nothing is riding on this game for him.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

The 2009 Auburn team is miles ahead better than the 2012 team.....

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I don't know what the score will be & neither do you. I'm ok with a win and that's it.
I just offered an opinion if you disagree ok. But this Shula stuff is out of line. Some of you need to get over Shula. Shula has Nothing to do with this team.

LSU is a fine football team & API gave them a tough time. I dont know just how banged up we are but it appears we have some really good players hurt.

So yes I did not Expect the 2009 game to turn the way it did but in the end we won & the team that Beat The Tebows & the McCoys was a lot different than the team at API.

I don't go to tiger dropping anymore to read because it one call out after another bashing someone's opinion.
Mett was still playing horribly at that point. He had his coming out game against us.

AU had not phoned it in yet, but they are out of shape, with poor discipline and poor play calling.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
This poll is silly. We will score on Western Carolina every time that we want to. Auburn will at least force a punt or two.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.