Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Re: Why the Shift in Alabama's Offensive Philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    Well that's me, definitely silly. Matter of opinion on both counts and I stick with mine.
    Chill out friend not everything is a challenge or a personal attack. However I do challenge you name 14 offensive lines better than ours. Roll Tide to ya.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by pluckngrit View Post
    is this how we're going to act after EVERY loss? i've never seen so much whining and second guessing coming from our fanbase. why does everyone have to nitpik and think they have the answer to everything?

some of ya'll need to subscribe to coach's 24 hour rule because this loss has drug on all week with some of you. hope the players aren't reading all this.
    I'm with you. One close loss at the end of grueling season and our fanbase is about ready to scrap the philosphy that got us here. Coach Saban will adjust, he always does. I would personally rather Coach Saban focus on not letting TAMU score 20 unanswered points in the 1st quarter next season instead of why we didn't run it on 1st and goal on the 6 yard line. Of course if it had been a passing TD a la "The Drive" then Nuss and Saban are geniuses again. By the way it was passing that even got us in that situation in the first place. Maybe we should blame it on Cochran, Kenny Bell should have outran that guy or powered his way in the end zone. That's a conditioning failure right??

Last edited by Airborne Tider; November 15th, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post
    I'm with you. One close lost at the end of grueling season and our fanbase is about ready to scrap the philosphy that got us here. Coach saban will adjust, he alwats does. I would personally rather Coach saban focus on not letting TAMU scored 20 unanswered points in the 1st quarter next season instead of why we didn't run it on 1st and goal on the 6 yard line. Of course if it had been a passing TD a la "The Drive" then Nuss and Saban are geniuses again. By the way it was passing that even got us in that situation in the first place. Maybe we should blame it on Cochran, Kenny Bell should have outran that guy or powered his way in the end zone. That's a conditioning failure right??

yessir. and of course it's just not our fanbase. look at lou holtz's comments. people take losing in different ways. it seems most people (by most people i mean those who post on internet sites and call into national shows) want to throw out the baby with the bath water.

this may sound a bit crazy but after the game i was almost relieved we lost one. you could tell that outside entities were heaping all this unwarranted praise on our program. it's never good when people start comparing your team to an NFL franchise. in just about every instance, the program starts to falter. however our situation is different. we have a very determined bunch who can use this loss as just another stepping stone to reeling off another run of wins. this loss may be a hidden gem for years to come.

LSU had injuries at safety so you attack a weakness. TAMU got way up so you try to get back in the game. I'm not sure what the weakness is on the Aggie defense, but I know they've worked on pass coverage in the Big12. AJ had a chance to win a Heisman and take a big step towards a NC Saturday. Maybe he is just a very good QB, but not Superman. Strange that a two yard pass could make that much difference in a career.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderInTally View Post
    I do not fully understand what appears to be a (hopefully short-lived) shift in Alabama's offensive philosophy,
    Looking for ideas here, because this just does not add up. What am I missing?

P.S. At least all the "A.J. for Heisman" nonsense is over.
    I think you answered your question in the last sentence. It is my opinion that when AJ started getting mentioned in the top 5 of the Heisman hype, our offensive scheme changed a little to help feature him a little more and I don't mean that in a bad way. Hind sight is always 20/20, I wouldn't have thought it would have worked out the way it did either and we still should have won both games. Maybe now we will get back to our basics and learn from this in the future.

My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by peariver View Post
    Hind sight is always 20/20
    Cliche but I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Good thing we have a bunch of people around here who are smarter than our multi-million dollar staff.

U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    Really??? there is no guarantee that Fowler would be in that series and if he did, who is to say that he would score?

Cooper is better than White when he was a freshmen and its not even close. regardless AJ will still under throw to White as he did Cooper and Bell.

Hart is good but not proven like Yeldon. we had Drake who is bigger than Hart and did not use him either.
    I certainly do not agree, but your are enititled to your opinion as I am to mine.

I think Fowler would have been in on the play, but not as a ball carrier...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well they should have just given it to Jesse. I kid. I haven't posted much since we lost because the threads tend to go one way after a loss. Oh my goodness as Verne says. We've lost 5 games in three years, won 2 NC's and will probably go 12 - 1 and a SEC Championship this year. My, how spoiled we have become. The team and coaches know what went wrong, you can hear it in their voices and see it in their faces. This does a great deal of good for the younger players even though it is killing most of us fans. This became THEIR 2010 season. I worry more about next year when we lose a lot of talent. Rant off.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I blame RachelInRed

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by mittman View Post
    I blame RachelInRed
    Sounds good. Dang it RNR.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation All-SEC

I think the stats are a little misleading. You have to throw the ball more when you are behind. If we had had a lead in the TA&M game at any point, I think you would have seen a lot more running plays called. Why we did what we did in the last four plays supports your point, however. For some reason, we did not feel confidence in the running game. Ouch. People say it is second guessing, but I for one, would not have second guessed if we had run it four straight times and failed.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by pluckngrit View Post
    i don't see too much of a difference. about the same amount of runs to pass. when you're behind 20pts in the first quarter, you're going to have to pass a little more.
    True to an extent I suppose but if you go back and watch the second quarter we did not abandon the run on the 2 scoring drives that got us back in the game. In fact we ran our offense which strives to be 50-50 run-pass. Either way, if its in our playbook we are supposed to be able to execute it pass or run and we did not.

The first and third quarter 3'n'outs is what killed us and I can't understand why we have started out so slow the past 2 games unless its caused by lack of focus or/and intensity, desperation. You have to play 4 quarters against good teams and we just have not the past 2 games.