Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Recipes

Re: Why the Shift in Alabama's Offensive Philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I agree. Point remains that running plays aren't always a guarantee positive result.
    No, they're not. However, it didn't seem to me that the pass plays were all that. I would love to have seen a couple which would have stretched the field a bit more. I say this without having looking back at the game, which I don't seem to be able to do yet...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    No, they're not. However, it didn't seem to me that the pass plays were all that. I would love to have seen a couple which would have stretched the field a bit more. I say this without having looking back at the game, which I don't seem to be able to do yet...
    A little more imagination in the pass play calls would have helped and I think they should have called a timeout after the second down play to come up with something a little more imaginative, but....

BamaNation First Team

We've lost our offensive identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Haven't heard that one during all the complaining. Just like many of the other complaints, this one makes no sense.
    It makes some sense to me although I don't know that we've lost our identity as much as circumstances took away our identity or at least the coaches perception of our circumstances.

With AJ playing cold for long stretches two games in a row either the coaches thought he'd come out of his funk if they kept calling pass plays or AJ could have changed them based on what he saw the defense doing. Either way we've had little offensive consistency and frankly have become predictable.