Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Second Team TiderInTally's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stepping out on a limb --- I'm predicting Bama in the BCS CG, more...

It could happen. Last year Alabama lost a frustrating heartbreaker late in the season to a very good football team, and dropped to #4 in the BCS, with 3 undefeated teams ahead of them. Sound familiar? Two weeks later ... right back in it. I mean, sure, you could see Oregon beating Stanford a mile away. But did anybody really expect Oklahoma State to lose to Iowa State (5-4 at the time, including a 35-point shellacking by unranked Missouri)?

If one of these miracle scenarios - or a different one - plays out, I'll see you in Miami. If not, Nawlins is always a good time. Orlando is okay too, I guess.

Regardless of what happens, we have to maintain perspective. One would have thought that the Dark Years, the Lost Decade, would have taught us some humility, and not to take success for granted.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Stepping out on a limb --- I'm predicting Bama in the BCS CG, more...

I hope you're right!!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Would normally agree but our team is, unlike this time last yr, trending downward. Our D has been shellacked the last two weeks for over 800 yds of offense, and our O hasn't looked right since the game against State. Oregon, right now, is proving to me that they are the best team in college football, and though upsets can happen frankly I don't see them losing at all, neither do I see K State losing to Texas(Texas almost lost to KANSAS). If both of those likely scenarios come to pass, it's over.

Right now, I'll be happy if we just win out and win the SEC.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; November 15th, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Very creative.....I like it!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Would normally agree but our team is, unlike this time last yr, trending downward. Our D has been shellacked the last two weeks for over 800 yds of offense, and our O hasn't looked right since the game against State. Oregon, right now, is proving to me that they are the best team in college football, and though upsets can happen frankly I don't see them losing at all, neither do I see K State losing to Texas(Texas almost lost to KANSAS). If both of those likely scenarios come to pass, it's over.

Right now, I'll be happy if we just win out and win the SEC.
    Anything can happen, but I totally agree dman.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    very very true. but Bama needs to take of business or these scenarios are for not.
    we really need to take care of business whether we get in or not...but we can hope, with some well placed help.
    "You don't have to have a good memory if you are truthful"

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

i think all 3 lose...k-state to texas and usc beats both notre dame and oregon. then we play florida for the title...heard it hear first...lol.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOysterMan View Post
    I think we obviously have to pull for USC the next few weeks...they can be our best friend. I know they aren't the team that the pundits thought at the first of the year, but they are still dangerous. Notre Dame going west to play Barkley in the Coliseum smells like an upset. I don't see K state losing to Texas so I think they are in. Oregon has 3 legit tests left. I think Oregon State gets them in Corvalis.

USC is a bad match up for Notre Dame...I truly believe that Barkley will pull out the win for them... Notre Dames defense is good, but shaky against the pass, and their offense is not nearly as impressive as the offenses in the PAc12, which gives USC a better matchup on D.

In my mind, we only need Kansas St to lose to Texas, at Texas...which isnt out of the realm of belief.

Oregon I believe will win out, bot have the toughest schedule with Oregon st, Stanford and the PAC12 championship games left.

we're definitely still in the picture if we win out.