Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: For kicks and giggles ... what happens if all 3 undefeated teams lose?

Florida didn't win their division, so they shouldn't be allowed to go....or at least that's what I kept hearing last year. I think it will be Bama vs Oregon in that scenario.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    This ignores several 1-loss teams that would then achieve parity with the current unbeatens should they lose, i.e. Florida
    The problem, though, is Florida is stuck. If its one-loss GA and one-loss Bama in Atlanta then Florida will be on the outside looking in. Now - if UGA loses to Tech, all bets are off.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

A lot depends on how the games are lost and when. If K-State loses to Texas and ND loses to USC they will have no other games to play to help their computer rankings. If Oregon were to lose before their championship game then they would have another game and a chance to improve in the computers over KS and ND. But if Oregon loses to UCLA or USC in the PAC 12 championship I doubt their computer rankings would be better than Florida if they win out.

Florida with wins over top 10 LSU, South Carolina, Texas A&M and Florida State would probably be ranked #1 in the computers. It could happen LOL!!!

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by PacadermaTideUs View Post
    I think a Florida win over Florida State would bounce them ahead of 1-loss KSU and ND, but not 1-loss Oregon.

So if Bama wins SECCG...

My guess is Bama vs Oregon assuming Oregon loses only one. If Oregon loses 2+, should be Florida

If Bama loses SECCG...

My guess is Georgia vs Oregon (same caveat - Oregon loses 2+, should be rematch of Georgia vs Florida)

Bottom line: if all three undefeateds lose, there's an excellent chance of the SEC winning its 7th straight, though I'm not sure Georgia could handle Oregon.
    depends on who Oregon loses to. If Oregon loses to Stanford and Stanford beats UCLA then Oregon is at best an at large team cuz they dont have a championship oppurtunity. My guess would be a one loss KSU or 2 loss LSU cuz if ND loses all bets are off for them but Oregon cannot afford to lose this weekend or else they will have to be huge Bruin fans next week
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

ThumbsUp Re: For kicks and giggles ... what happens if all 3 undefeated teams lose?

That would put us in the catbird seat, i think!!!

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Seems like the media favorite is Oregon. They are the Boise State of a few years ago. I'd like to play ND wherever we play.
    Bamabww

BamaNation All-American

Depends on how badly they lose. Close contests against ranked opponents, and I don't think they drop enough and we play Oregon.

If they all get hammered, then look for Florida to slip in against the SECCG winner.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

LSU fans are saying we get tagged by API & they get in SECCG & destroy GA then play in NCG.sounds like Barner logic.

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

For kicks and giggles ... what happens if all 3 undefeated teams lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    LSU fans are saying we get tagged by API & they get in SECCG & destroy GA then play in NCG.sounds like Barner logic.
    Hahaha - we need luck to get into the NCG. LSU needs a fairy tale ending to the season. For that to happen we would have to lose to the barn, the dawgs would have to lose to either us or GaTech & Florida would have to lose to FlaST. All that PLUS all the stuff that has to happen for us to slip in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FB | REC Moderator

Simple.

BCS game would then be the SEC Champion v. Oregon / K-State, with the odds likely being on Oregon. As I've said before, if all three lose, it really just resets to the status quo that it was a week ago.

What happens if all 3 undefeated teams lose?

Actually, I agree with BigEasyTider. It resets everything to where we were a week ago.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonDollar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I still think a one-loss Oregon team that doesn't make it to the PAC-12 championship game (assuming their one loss is to Stanford this weekend) has a difficult time staying ahead of some of the other one-loss teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Simple.

BCS game would then be the SEC Champion v. Oregon / K-State, with the odds likely being on Oregon. As I've said before, if all three lose, it really just resets to the status quo that it was a week ago.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Not sure what it would look like but I wouldn't be able to wait to read the meltdown thread on RollTide.com. It would be priceless.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.