BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

ESPN signs 12 year deal to broadcast Sugar Bowl

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...th-sugar-bowl/

As expected, the Sugar Bowl will be seen on the World Wide Leader. ESPN announced a 12-year agreement with the Big 12 and SEC beginning in Jan., 2015 — the first year of the “new” Sugar Bowl in the playoff format.
    It doesn't say how much money ESPN is paying in the deal. I am sure that it wasn't cheap if this bowl game is paying out $80 million a year.
    Lucky #13

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN signs 12 year deal to broadcast Sugar Bowl

Much happier watching college football on ESPN networks than CBS so this is great.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Much happier watching college football on ESPN networks than CBS so this is great.
    I personally liked the old days when the major bowl games were on different networks. Each network would put more energy towards the game than the homogenized ESPN system.

Mo Money!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Too much ESPN!!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Too much ESPN!!
    Man I agree but what else is really out there? CBS don't care about CFB had rather cover golf, NBC owns ND & that's it for them, FOX just starting & does not have good games IMO.

The Evil Empire stokes again.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

The only network that has the capabilities to give them a run is FOX. FOX has to polish up their presentation first, but I don't think there is anything else out there.
    RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Fox needs to spit shine their presentation and round out a complete game crew. I like Gus Johnson, everyone else I'm not sold on yet. But in all honesty, Fox has outperformed ABC's broadcasts consistently this season with the exception of the Alabama-Michigan game weekend I believe. There is potential there and Fox is getting good games each week between their Pac-12 and Big-12 contracts.

Also, I like seeing each network kind of carving out their own bowl game to hype. ESPN has the Sugar and Rose - probably the best two - but Fox will likely get the Cotton and Fiesta. CBS needs to make a run at the Orange Bowl...they can probably get it at a value compared to the other two.