Link: ESPN signs 12 year deal to broadcast Sugar Bowl

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Much happier watching college football on ESPN networks than CBS so this is great.
I personally liked the old days when the major bowl games were on different networks. Each network would put more energy towards the game than the homogenized ESPN system.

Mo Money!

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
The only network that has the capabilities to give them a run is FOX. FOX has to polish up their presentation first, but I don't think there is anything else out there.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Fox needs to spit shine their presentation and round out a complete game crew. I like Gus Johnson, everyone else I'm not sold on yet. But in all honesty, Fox has outperformed ABC's broadcasts consistently this season with the exception of the Alabama-Michigan game weekend I believe. There is potential there and Fox is getting good games each week between their Pac-12 and Big-12 contracts.

Also, I like seeing each network kind of carving out their own bowl game to hype. ESPN has the Sugar and Rose - probably the best two - but Fox will likely get the Cotton and Fiesta. CBS needs to make a run at the Orange Bowl...they can probably get it at a value compared to the other two.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.