Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Questions about the SECCG (Parking, etc)

I have an opportunity to go to the SECCG because I'm a student with plenty of hours (haha) but I'm trying to figure out the financial restraints of everything. How much am I looking to pay for parking, what do people usually do for lodging after the game (travel a bit then stop where it is more affordable, etc)?

2. Advertisement

Re: Questions about the SECCG (Parking, etc)

With it being middle of the day, you can easily go over/back in the same day. A lot of people ride Marta, which is cheap. But, you'll wait in a long line after the game. Most of the lots near the stadium charge around forty bucks
    "I was out there on the practice field wondering whether football had passed me by. Then I heard the Million Dollar Band playing over on the practice field. When they started playing Yea Alabama, I got goosebumps all over me. I looked out there and those young rascals in those crimson jerseys and I just wanted to thank God for giving me the opportunity to coach and contribute in some small way at my alma mater."-Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC AlabamaSooner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I have an opportunity to go to the SECCG because I'm a student with plenty of hours (haha) but I'm trying to figure out the financial restraints of everything. How much am I looking to pay for parking, what do people usually do for lodging after the game (travel a bit then stop where it is more affordable, etc)?
    Solution: Sell me your ticket. You make some money and don't have to worry about parking. Just a thought.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

donate your ticket to a worthy cause, like me.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The only way for me to gain ownership of the ticket is to drive all the way to the Georgia Dome's will-call booth and I seem to remember the Atlanta Police Department being pretty stick on 3rd party ticket selling around the stadium. So I'm either going to the game or leaving my ticket for another student to enjoy.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Since you are coming in from the west side of Atlanta, MARTA is not really an option for you. That part of town is not really the best, safety-wise, and I would never leave my car in a lot at any of those stations. You're going to have to drive all the way to downtown. However, that doesn't mean you have to park right next to the Dome. If you don't mind walking a little bit you can find lots for way less than $40. There are street lots in the downtown area, a little bit east of the Dome, that will be in the $10 or less range, but will require a six to ten block walk. Atlanta is not Tuscaloosa. We are used to having thousands of people converging on downtown for conventions and sporting events and there is plenty of parking.

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    if you can get 2 you can park for free at my house and I'll drive you to the game, pay $40 to park next to the stadium and buy you beer throughout the game course the extra ticket will be for me

There is nothing wrong with the west side of Atlanta and taking the Marta in. That being said, if you are going to drive, pay the $30 parking so you won't be stuck in the Marta station for an hour with everyone else. You are going to pay twice that in gas anyway.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Use the Marta line between the Hamilton Holmes and Vine City stations.

http://www.itsmarta.com/rail-schedules-or-route.aspx

I took Marta to both Alabama/Florida games and it was packed going north to Buckhead. The east/west trains were empty in comparison. Being that Georgia is the east team and those games against Florida were at night, I would not think Georgia fans would use Marta as much as Florida fans because a majority of them will not be staying overnight in a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Since you are coming in from the west side of Atlanta, MARTA is not really an option for you. That part of town is not really the best, safety-wise, and I would never leave my car in a lot at any of those stations. You're going to have to drive all the way to downtown. However, that doesn't mean you have to park right next to the Dome. If you don't mind walking a little bit you can find lots for way less than $40. There are street lots in the downtown area, a little bit east of the Dome, that will be in the $10 or less range, but will require a six to ten block walk. Atlanta is not Tuscaloosa. We are used to having thousands of people converging on downtown for conventions and sporting events and there is plenty of parking.
    I know plenty of folks who have parked at the west side Marta lots for the ga dome games and have never had problems. It's a very inexpensive, and relatively efficient way to get in and out of town for the game. You could also take i285 down to the college park or east point Marta stations on the south side of town and ride in from there.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

I live in ATL and have been to the dome many, many times for events. The parking there is usually $20-30 and literally adjacent to the stadium. You can park for less on surface street lots (look around Luckie St for a couple) and walk to the stadium. MARTA is great but you're gonna wait in a HUGE queue after the game to get on a train - as long as you're prepped for that it's a good option. I agree with the other posters... with a 4pm EST kick you could leave Tuscaloosa in the morning, allow plenty of time for tailgating and still be back home by midnight - no need for a hotel IMO... we do the drive the opposite nearly every week and it's completely doable, so definitely get the tickets and come cheer on the Tide.
    I am a part of The Process.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yeah, my girlfriend and I both got ticket offers from the University. She has never been to a road Alabama game, so it is kind of important she gets the opportunity once before she graduates from undergrad. What a game to do that for, eh?

This is good intel though. I haven't been to the dome since I was young, so I wanted to make sure that this wasn't going to turn into a money drainer right before Christmas. I know some of these NFL stadiums can get pretty absurd with the cost of parking but it doesn't seem to be out of line with what you'd pay to park in Tuscaloosa on gameday. I'm also guessing that the traffic out of the stadium and back onto 85 to 20 isn't like the stuff people experience getting out of Tuscaloosa on Saturday which makes the ability to make a trip back to Tuscaloosa a little easier.