Hunch on Oregon

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
They are about to encounter what Bama did the past two weeks. Stanford is going to be their "LSU". Oregon State is going to be their "TA&M".

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I don't think there's much chance of Oregon losing a game, but hey, I'm all for it!

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I don't think there's much chance of Oregon losing a game, but hey, I'm all for it!
About as much chance as there was of Bama losing one. I'm not just hoping this happens, I realistically see Stanford giving Oregon a very tough game with Oregon escaping with a win. And then Oregon State doing what Texas A&M did. I believe Oregon will be hard pressed to win any of their remaining games. If Cal had Stanford's defense, they would have beaten them by 2 TDs. If USC had Stanford's defense they would have beaten them by 5 TDs.

Last edited:

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Oregon has the toughest schedule of anyone left in the mix. They've got Stanford, Oregon State, and then USC (likely). That's three in a row of the toughest they've faced all year. That's like our lineup of MS, LSU and TAM all in a row. Looked at individually, you would have said we win them all but we know how that turned out.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
All for it and whatnot, but truth of the matter is Stanford and Oregon State are a long cry from LSU and A&M. You're comparing ball-peen hammers with sledgehammers.

To be sure, it's the toughest stretch of the year for them, but I think that says more about the weakness of the remainder of their schedule than anything else.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I think that we have at least a realistic chance that 2 of the 3 undefeateds lose within the next month...

Kansas State still plays Baylor on the road and has Texas at Home...both will be tough games...
Notre Dame still has to play USC at USC....that will be a tough match up for Notre Dames sketchy defense against the pass
Oregon still has to play Stanford, Oregon State and a PAC-12 Championship game...

we no longer control our destiny, but there are still enough tough games for those ahead of us that we can still get to the game...with a little help.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Uh.....I wouldn't bet the ranch on that. O State will probably give them a better game than most have in the civil war but I still expect them to win out rather easily. They've been very dominant this yr--almost as much as we were for the first 8 games of the season.

Last edited:

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
All for it and whatnot, but truth of the matter is Stanford and Oregon State are a long cry from LSU and A&M. You're comparing ball-peen hammers with sledgehammers.
To be sure, it's the toughest stretch of the year for them, but I think that says more about the weakness of the remainder of their schedule than anything else.
This.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Absolutely correct! We don't control our own destiny for the BCSNCG but we do control our SEC championship destiny, and history has shown the past 6 years the SEC champion will likely be in the BCSNCG. Not a guarantee but promising! :)

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
Uh.....I wouldn't bet the ranch on that. O State will probably give them a better game than most have in the civil war but I still expect them to win out rather easily. They've been very dominant this yr--almost as much as we were for the first 8 games of the season.
so then, since the Tide lost in their toughest 3 game stretch, why couldn't the duckies??

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they lost any or all of their remaining games.

Would it be possible that if they lost to Stanford on Saturday that, in order to keep an SEC team out of the MNC game, they only dropped a couple of places and wound up ahead of us in the BCS, similar to the same thing that happened to us last year?

I don't see it happening, but Stanford is a mid-ranked, quality opponent, and everybody outside the SEC hates the SEC! Could there be a conspiracy to shut us out?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.