Hunch on Oregon

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they lost any or all of their remaining games.

Would it be possible that if they lost to Stanford on Saturday that, in order to keep an SEC team out of the MNC game, they only dropped a couple of places and wound up ahead of us in the BCS, similar to the same thing that happened to us last year?

I don't see it happening, but Stanford is a mid-ranked, quality opponent, and everybody outside the SEC hates the SEC! Could there be a conspiracy to shut us out?
If that was the case, Bama would not have been ranked #1 at all this year. Just as in 1966, when although they were preseason #1, they had already been dropped to #3 before they ever played a game. Two time reigning NC that goes undefeated and is never ranked higher than #3. That is a conspiracy.

http://www.collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/teams/by_season.cfm?seasonid=1966&teamid=25

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Absolutely correct! We don't control our own destiny for the BCSNCG but we do control our SEC championship destiny, and history has shown the past 6 years the SEC champion will likely be in the BCSNCG. Not a guarantee but promising! :)
unless two of the undefeated teams lose, the SEC champ will most likely not be in the BCSNCG with a loss.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I don't remember which of the talking head shows threw that out there. Probably moot anyway. USC should take care of that.
well, im kinda skeptical of that scenario playing out...I may not bet my house mortgage on it...

would love it if it happen, mind ya, just dont think it will...
;)

And I agree, I believe that USC will beat Notre Dame.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
All for it and whatnot, but truth of the matter is Stanford and Oregon State are a long cry from LSU and A&M. You're comparing ball-peen hammers with sledgehammers.

To be sure, it's the toughest stretch of the year for them, but I think that says more about the weakness of the remainder of their schedule than anything else.
BET,

far cry , huh?? RTR!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.