Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alec Morris

BamaNation First Team

Arrow Alec Morris

I was wondering what the boards thoughts are on Alec Morris at QB. I did a little research on him, and watched a little film. He thought to have a strong arm. He is a big kid 6'3" 225 lbs. I found an article that said he ran a 4.7 40. If this is true he isn't a statue back there.
    The prospects of losing A.J. to the draft early have diminished in my opinion, but I could still see him going after this season depending on how things play out for him and Bama. I fell he is also getting some family pressure to make the jump. I don't feel Ely or Sims are the answer for us at QB. I could be wrong, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about Morris starting next year if A.J. isn't with us anymore.

2. Advertisement

Re: Alec Morris

He showed up this summer in much better shape than he was during his senior season. Early reports were that he looked pretty good. But, not much has been said or would be expected to be said so far this fall. The spring will tell the tale.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjue24 View Post
    I was wondering what the boards thoughts are on Alec Morris at QB. I did a little research on him, and watched a little film. He thought to have a strong arm. He is a big kid 6'3" 225 lbs. I found an article that said he ran a 4.7 40. If this is true he isn't a statue back there.
    The prospects of losing A.J. to the draft early have diminished in my opinion, but I could still see him going after this season depending on how things play out for him and Bama. I fell he is also getting some family pressure to make the jump. I don't feel Ely or Sims are the answer for us at QB. I could be wrong, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about Morris starting next year if A.J. isn't with us anymore.
    I think that's changed with AJ. I think the odds now favor his returning next year...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American

if the draft was tomorrow, where would aj go...i'm thinking 3rd or 4th round. if that's the case, i don't think he'll go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    if the draft was tomorrow, where would aj go...i'm thinking 3rd or 4th round. if that's the case, i don't think he'll go anywhere.
    Kiper (I know, I know) said 3rd, probably 4th this week.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Is the kid from Utah going to come in for Spring this year?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    Is the kid from Utah going to come in for Spring this year?
    Cooper will be on campus in January.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

I always felt AJ would stay unless, We won a NC.

Quote Originally Posted by tide power fan View Post
    I always felt AJ would stay unless, We won a NC.
    In that case, I hope he declares for the draft next spring!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alec Morris is doing very well. If he had been able to enroll in January he would have pushed hard for #2 QB.

With Cooper coming in, next year is going to be very interesting.
    "With everything comes a price."

Can't say much at this point. He's clearly got the size and the arm strength, but the real game takes place between the ears. We'll see how he handles reading defenses, working through progressions, and post-snap decision-making this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think that's changed with AJ. I think the odds now favor his returning next year...
    The only way I see AJ leaving now, is if Alabama somehow gets in the NC game and wins. That's about it.

His stock couldn't afford to take any hit, for him to have good draft status. The loss (and interceptions) knocked him out of the Heisman race and put a damper on things. I think he'll have reasons to want to come back next year, if Alabama doesn't win an NC, and teams will have a reason to want to see him play another year before they consider spending a higher pick on him.

However, if Alabama wins the next four games, and one of them is the NC game? Then things might look different...

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

I think Morris was always a developmental project. You never know with a guy like that. Like others have said we will know more this spring.

As for AJ, I knew coming into this season we had a ton of young players on defense and at some point we would have to "out score" the other team as apposed to our usual "MO" of just choking them to death and running the ball. The Texas A&M game WAS the game to define how good McCarron was. A&M is far from a great defense and he should have bombed them for 30 or more points minimum. While others made mistakes that contributed to that failure, Quarterbacks are judged by their ability to overcome adversity and lead their team to victory. I am a big AJ McCarron fan, but his best chance at making any NFL impact is to take every snap in college that is available to him. He has to be able to take over a game at the college level or he's not going to have any chance at the next level.
    BS 1989