Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What DBs Play Saturday?

Dee got injured Saturday. Fulton did as well. Lester has been banged up some. Perry was out this past week because of an injury (says he'll be back this week). Since this week would be a good week to let some guys rest, who do you think plays in the secondary?

Coach said yesterday Geno will play more and he wishes he had played Geno more earlier in the year.

Do we see guys like Bradly Sylve and Jabriel Washington play more to give guys rest?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What DBs Play Saturday?

Geno will play the star, and we'll try to get him every rep imaginable. You'll probably see Sylve out there some, too, and I imagine those two will be vying for potential playing time against AU and UGA if Fulton cannot go then. Washington looks to be behind those two guys, so I imagine it's more mop-up duty action by the time he gets on the field.

Doubt we will see much change at safety. Landon Collins will probably get some more action, but for the most part I think you'll see a continuation of the Lester-Sunseri-Clinton-Dix triumvirate. Perry will be back, too, I'm sure. I would imagine you will see more of him and Collins late.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bradly Sylve was a longer term developmental project but I like some of his moves on special teams. he's VERY fast. It's just a matter of learning the system and being physical enough. Alabama's defense puts enormous pressure on corners. It's hard to get on the field but it's as good a preparation as their is for the NFL.
    BS 1989

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have any info on the nature / severity of Dee's injury / when he's expected back?

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't understand why Sylve hasn't gotten more time. He hasn't even been used on special teams that much. I would rather of had him on kick coverage than Hart, who you needed healthy.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Does anyone have any info on the nature / severity of Dee's injury / when he's expected back?
    He was practicing like normal yesterday. My hope is that he sits out this week and gets ready for Auburn. Bama will likely play backups the majority of this week and still win by 40 +.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Geno will play the star, and we'll try to get him every rep imaginable. You'll probably see Sylve out there some, too, and I imagine those two will be vying for potential playing time against AU and UGA if Fulton cannot go then. Washington looks to be behind those two guys, so I imagine it's more mop-up duty action by the time he gets on the field.

Doubt we will see much change at safety. Landon Collins will probably get some more action, but for the most part I think you'll see a continuation of the Lester-Sunseri-Clinton-Dix triumvirate. Perry will be back, too, I'm sure. I would imagine you will see more of him and Collins late.
    I really hope we get to see more of Collins.