Question: What DBs Play Saturday?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Dee got injured Saturday. Fulton did as well. Lester has been banged up some. Perry was out this past week because of an injury (says he'll be back this week). Since this week would be a good week to let some guys rest, who do you think plays in the secondary?

Coach said yesterday Geno will play more and he wishes he had played Geno more earlier in the year.

Do we see guys like Bradly Sylve and Jabriel Washington play more to give guys rest?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Geno will play the star, and we'll try to get him every rep imaginable. You'll probably see Sylve out there some, too, and I imagine those two will be vying for potential playing time against AU and UGA if Fulton cannot go then. Washington looks to be behind those two guys, so I imagine it's more mop-up duty action by the time he gets on the field.

Doubt we will see much change at safety. Landon Collins will probably get some more action, but for the most part I think you'll see a continuation of the Lester-Sunseri-Clinton-Dix triumvirate. Perry will be back, too, I'm sure. I would imagine you will see more of him and Collins late.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Bradly Sylve was a longer term developmental project but I like some of his moves on special teams. he's VERY fast. It's just a matter of learning the system and being physical enough. Alabama's defense puts enormous pressure on corners. It's hard to get on the field but it's as good a preparation as their is for the NFL.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Don't understand why Sylve hasn't gotten more time. He hasn't even been used on special teams that much. I would rather of had him on kick coverage than Hart, who you needed healthy.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Does anyone have any info on the nature / severity of Dee's injury / when he's expected back?
He was practicing like normal yesterday. My hope is that he sits out this week and gets ready for Auburn. Bama will likely play backups the majority of this week and still win by 40 +.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Geno will play the star, and we'll try to get him every rep imaginable. You'll probably see Sylve out there some, too, and I imagine those two will be vying for potential playing time against AU and UGA if Fulton cannot go then. Washington looks to be behind those two guys, so I imagine it's more mop-up duty action by the time he gets on the field.

Doubt we will see much change at safety. Landon Collins will probably get some more action, but for the most part I think you'll see a continuation of the Lester-Sunseri-Clinton-Dix triumvirate. Perry will be back, too, I'm sure. I would imagine you will see more of him and Collins late.
I really hope we get to see more of Collins.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.