Not an excuse for our recent struggles, but mounting injuries have no doubt contributed. The Biggest?
1. The most obvious has to be the loss of Jalston Fowler. He was a beast and we have missed his contribution at RB and HB. Would have probably been a key contributor in the last four plays against A&M. Who knows? With his presence we may have never even been in that situation.
2. AJ. He's been playing hurt. I imagine there are a few people in the know on this, but I've heard he's a lot more hurt than most people know. No doubt this has affected his accuracy the last couple of games. If this is true, might could even move AJ's injury to #1 on this list. See additional comments under #4.
3. We lost Hart and White in the same game. Two key contributors gone within a few minutes of one another.
4. A. Cooper has been hobbled by an ankle. It could be argued that this "minor" injury my have cost us the A&M game. Did AJ under throw him on the long completion right before Yeldon fumbled because he knew he was slowed by the ankle injury??? Or was it AJ's injury that wouldn't allow him to lead AC? If the throw is where it should have been AC scores and TD and Yeldon doesn't fumble...at least a 7 point swing...maybe 14.
5. Chris Black was lost in the preseason. We were hearing great things about him.
6. Eddie Lacy's toe. Despite playing through it, has this caused Nuss to not lean on him as heavily in the running game? EL is definitely our most reliable and powerful runner.
What else am I missing?