Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Re: Injuries Have Added Up this Year. The Biggest?

J. Fowler hands down.

2. Advertisement

You know, I put JF on my list at #1, but I'm pretty sure we're still undefeated and playing dominant football if AJ doesn't struggle the last two games.

Would JF's presence, despite AJ's injuries got us through the last two in easier fashion OR is AJ's injuries despite JF's loss earlier in the season the main reason we've struggled on offense the last two games?

Perhaps Fowler's injury is the biggest, but AJ's has more radically affected our recent offensive struggles.

Injuries are just a part of the game. If any team is equipped to handle them, it is Alabama. It seems a backup QB should have gotten a lot more playing time at this point.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    J. Fowler hands down.
    This. Fowler going down hurt the team as a whole the most. His versatility as a blocker, runner and receiver combined with his complete team first mentality can't be matched. With Fowler in the backfield the opposing defenses had to respect and prepare for options others on our roster can't duplicate.

I truly hope Jalston makes a full and rapid recovery. Not just for Bama's sake but for him and his future NFL career as well. He reminds me of Michael Turner of the Falcons.

RTR!!!

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Its probably been stated and I missed it, but what is the deal with AJ and his injury? Is it his back, shoulder or arm. I winced when he got drove to the ground against Miss St. I hoped he was alright, but real quick you saw his reactions on sideline and knew he was dinged up. What is he playing through?

No doubt the injury to Fowler because he allowed that there be no personnel change when changing some of the possible formations we operated from. Any word on his rehab progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post
    Its probably been stated and I missed it, but what is the deal with AJ and his injury? Is it his back, shoulder or arm. I winced when he got drove to the ground against Miss St. I hoped he was alright, but real quick you saw his reactions on sideline and knew he was dinged up. What is he playing through?

No doubt the injury to Fowler because he allowed that there be no personnel change when changing some of the possible formations we operated from. Any word on his rehab progress?
    I hoped someone with a little more info on AJ might have chipped in. The official injury report on him was "sprained knee" and then "back contusion." I've heard the back contusion is not the full discloser and I honestly don't know but I'd guess it has something to do with his shoulder.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Injuries Have Added Up this Year. The Biggest?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I hoped someone with a little more info on AJ might have chipped in. The official injury report on him was "sprained knee" and then "back contusion." I've heard the back contusion is not the full discloser and I honestly don't know but I'd guess it has something to do with his shoulder.
    We may never know and I wouldn't want our opponents to know anyway.
    RTR!

BamaNation First Team

I know this: With Jalston Fowler, CNS probably calls jumbo runs on 1st and goal from the 6 vs TAMU and scores the first try.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

J Fowler would be my guess. Watching him, EL and TJ work on defenses was pure art. You never knew if it was a run, pass or block option with him. Add one of the others in the backfield and it had to be a nightmare.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Normally I'd say Fowler but since we've all decided that we're more of a passing team, then not having another good receiver has become a bigger issue. So, I'll have to go with DeAndrew White.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

Quote Originally Posted by MBA_99 View Post
    I know this: With Jalston Fowler, CNS probably calls jumbo runs on 1st and goal from the 6 vs TAMU and scores the first try.
    It is more than that - it has effected play calling since the day of his injury. That is the most obvious example, but entire game plans were probably changed without Fowler available.

I know what AJ's injury is and I am sure others do as well. He is a tough hombre for playing with it and is actually performing better than I thought he would.

It would be a great disservice to him and the team for our opponents to know details. Better not to speculate.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Never said that wasn't the case. Just talking about our team and how it has affected us as the year as gone on.
    You brought up a good question.
    i have been a fan a really long time & maybe 84 I think when Kerry Goode & a few others got hurt comes close. But really I have not seen anything like it. Even the ones not out are not at 100%.